Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

RCCSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Last Tuesday I picked up my new VF SV6 which was built on 25/09/13 and i have noticed that when you turn the ignition on and a couple of seconds later you will hear a vibration noise coming from the rear of the vehicle for about 3 seconds only then it goes away. Has anyone experienced this issue?

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Last Tuesday I picked up my new VF SV6 which was built on 25/09/13 and i have noticed that when you turn the ignition on and a couple of seconds later you will hear a vibration noise coming from the rear of the vehicle for about 3 seconds only then it goes away. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Probably fuel pump priming?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You won't have to wait that long. SII will be Q3 2014.

Really? Seems really quick to bring out the SII VF's because the SII VE's took a few years. Do you know any of the minor/major updates?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Really? Seems really quick to bring out the SII VF's because the SII VE's took a few years. Do you know any of the minor/major updates?

VE was an anomaly coz GFC and GM was broke. VF was originally scheduled for release when the VEII came out. Sorry - no details to share at the moment.

tommyk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Theres no way the will have a Series 2 out in Q3 next year... Holden has no money to spend in further development.. they will bring out a MY14 model with minor updates/fixes.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Theres no way the will have a Series 2 out in Q3 next year... Holden has no money to spend in further development.. they will bring out a MY14 model with minor updates/fixes.

Dude its a cinch with the Zeta's ready-made off-the-shelf performance engines like L99, LT1, or mostly keep the venerable vortex but bolt-on the direct injection heads or go full hybrid with the two mode gearbox, proper stop / start and other Eco options... all bolt-in "plug and play" from existing GM V8s.
Oh and seeing its the (second) last chance for Holden's flagship to raid the relly's component bin in the Western world there also the proven range of compatible smaller, power-dense engines like high feature LF1 TTV6, or the 135hp/litre turbo Ecotec and whack say a dual clutch gearbox, torque vectoring diff, or AWD. It's all available, all compatible.
All I need is the L99 in my next wagon but you can see how the VFII or VJ can be easily assembled on the Zeta yet totally repositioned and marketed as either an Eco or Performance revision with existing drivetrain options (VJ would of course need new headlights / lights) and voila!

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
zappaboy,
Im with Gavin H here. To run Apple Products on MyLink is a Joke.
You say that Apple Markets there products well, it seems that Holden are jumping on this Bandwagon with them.
They have a symbol that says iPod on their Product which in actual fact should read Android or Windows ! If thats all its good for then they should advertise it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
VE was an anomaly coz GFC and GM was broke. VF was originally scheduled for release when the VEII came out. Sorry - no details to share at the moment.

Correct. There was never meant to be a VE Series 2. The "Series" thing was phased out with the release of the VZ and planned on never being seen again.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

It may be designated as a MY change or Series II (not sure on that one) however there is a significant upgrade scheduled for late next year - mainly mechanical. Don't expect any significant visual changes beyond minor interior trim changes and/or colour selection.

tommyk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So are we thinking the clubsports will get the LT1 engine and then the SS models will get the LS3/L99? Im planning on getting a SSV in march, should I hold off till September?