Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Got my VF Calais V a few months ago. Love the car, the quality of the interior is so refined compared to the VERY Berlina that it replaced.

Some issues though
1. A parking sensor was recessed when delivered. Not noticed on delivery but rectified by dealer first week.
2. Boot release - twice now I have come out to my car with the boot wide open. The range of the remote is awesome but I must be accidentally pressing it when it's in my pocket. Older commodores you had to hold it down for a sec and it did not have the shocks that popped the boot wide open.
3. Sat Nav - all the suburbs say Sydney when programming via voice command ie if you say to go to 20 George st Paramatta it will say going to 20 George St Sydney, same if 10 Potts st Ryde, will confirm 10 Potts St Sydney but it still takes you to the correct address. Also no speed / red light cameras.
4. Rattle in the drivers seat belt mechanism, it's right next to my ear while driving and really annoying. Dealer not being very helpful with this.
5. Heated mirrors - light does not illuminate when starting the car or when heating. Manual is very vague re this. Dealer advises there is no light but looks like there should be. It is right under the blind spot alert indicator on the mirror.

Anyone have solutions or advice re any of the above?

Have the same rattle with the passenger and driver seatbelt mech, VERY annoying, hopefully something can be done when it goes for its service.

The cover for my sunroof rattles too, hopefully that can be tightened

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My VF SSV Redline sportswagen after only 600km had the following error message "Service Steering Column Lock" This occurred last night, engine would not start and no steering. Had the vehicle towed to a storage yard and hopefully will be at a local dealer first thing Monday for repair. Worst timing, I was supposed to be traveling to the beach with the family, but plans have had to be pushed back. Not happy after only 600km. Anyone had a similar issue and what was the solution? I need my car pronto.

Yea, that was a common prob, should have been sorted before you took delivery.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I have an annoying rattle coming to be what sounds like the inertia reel for the rear seat centre passenger. I know these things have a ball bearing or something inside them but mine rattles like crazy over rough roads. Anyone else have this?

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
I have an annoying rattle coming to be what sounds like the inertia reel for the rear seat centre passenger. I know these things have a ball bearing or something inside them but mine rattles like crazy over rough roads. Anyone else have this?

I have a rattle, sounds like plastic rattling or similar ... Can't work out where its coming from and it's stopping me from lowering the car as can't run the risk of Holden blaming the stiffer ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
Check the passenger seatbelt and sunroof cover.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I have experienced the mylink to reboot itself once and maybe 2-3 times freeze for a few seconds and then work ok. It is a computer and fortunately it is not windows based like the ford system.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
The following is not a complaint, just a comparison.

I have just added a VF SV6 Manual to my 2013 MY12.5 VE SV6 Z Manual. I assume that most would know the additions with the latest model, but I have been a little surprised to notice a few deletions.

The Z had individual map lights in the front. The VF does not.

The Z had tilt function on the driver's seat. The VF does not.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I have experienced the mylink to reboot itself once and maybe 2-3 times freeze for a few seconds and then work ok. It is a computer and fortunately it is not windows based like the ford system.

Yes it is windows based didn't you notice the Windows Vista touchscreen in Mylink module.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
It's a QNX RTOS Kernel running C/C++ SDK and Android runtime (Java), among others. RIM (or BL, whatever the fluff they are now) are pretty tight lipped on their proprietary sources and any Holden/GM fluff on top would be closed book too. It's pretty unique, but QNX far surpasses anything you'll find on consumer grade devices, just had to be bastardised to be compatible. QNX is why you've survived every plane flight you've been on. If iOS or Android were the embedded choice, I'd be driving everywhere, looking up all the while to avoid falling planes.

What I'm trying to say is starting a JC brand wank war over MyLink's origins is kind of pointless, it's super-dooper hardcore *nix through and through.

Not Windows.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Another deletion:

VE SV6 Z has fog lamps. VF SV6 does not.

The rear camera in the VE SV6Z has guidelines to assist. The VF just provides the picture.

Last edited: