Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Mylink is QNX based which 70% of auto audio systems are based. It is the same OS as the latest Blackberry phones use as QNX is owned by RIM (Blackberry) Note QNX is an android and originally was unix based. It has been around for over 20 years and and is a very mature product used in many medical installations, ATM, factory and production systems. I notice from these forums that the latest updates to the Mylink have finally been patched to accommodate the limitations of the IOS so users of iPhones and iPad now have full functionality which usersof Blackberry, windows and most andriod based phones have had since June last year.

unevasuj.jpg

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
I purposely have stopped reading this thread because of some lame dick going on and on talking ****. I come back and he is still dribbling.

slob63

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline auto xmas
Treat the thread as a bad comedy Hangover3 haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Ute, 2013 SS Ute
Just clicked over 7000k in my SS Ute........ Still loving it. I changed the oil at 1500k and sent it for its 3000k "service and inspection". I'm thinking I might change the oil again at 7500k. Anybody comment on this?
I've had it lowered an inch or so and reckon it feels better to drive, but with 200k of tools in the back it feels like it "wallows" in corners a bit more than my old ute (VZ SVZ with air-bag rear suspension). I hear there is no option at the moment for air-bags on the VF?
Has anyone changed the rear sway-bar? Would it tighten up the rear at all?
Electric windows can be a bit tricky, they want to go all the way in auto, when you reverse them, they go all the other way (if you've got one you'll know what I mean). I try to start them on their way, and to stop them hit the button in the same direction, not reverse. This pulls them up nicely:idea:

Apart from that, no issues with the electronics at all, I do turn off my phone's bluetooth each time I leave the car, and turn it back on when I return, after the ignition is on. I'm loving the extra space behind the seats, I expect I'll put a sub-woofer back there some day as the audio is a bit "thin"
I'm still not in love with the clutch position, was much better in the VZ.
Overall, the best commodore I've ever owned, and probably the best car ever ........ still stoked

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just clicked over 7000k in my SS Ute........ Still loving it. I changed the oil at 1500k and sent it for its 3000k "service and inspection". I'm thinking I might change the oil again at 7500k. Anybody comment on this?

More a question rather than a comment: Why?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
More a Q re an issue I have as opposed to a fault. I am interested in anyone's experience with the light coloured faux suede used in the Redline and Calais V. My Redline now has about 7,000km's and the interior is looking brand new apart from the drivers seat crème coloured suede strip. I wear black suit pants to work each day and it appears that the die form the pants is rubbing off on the suede on the drivers seat. It's not bad by any measure and no one but me has noticed it but it will no doubt get worse. I am looking at an Opticoat treatment (I originally used Scotch Guard based on advice from another thread).
I'm interested in anyone's experience with Opticoat in this specific application, and the best way to clean the suede prior to having Opticoat applied.
Any advice would be great.
Cheers

neevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportwagon SV6
Can anyone comment on how quickly their cars get up to temperature? Never had a V8 before and it's almost immediate from startup. Settles quickly though.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Nope. Well not that I'm willing to admit to on this forum.:hmmm: