Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
My climate works faultlessly in my ute.
I think this is a sedan only issue?

Mine's fine (Redline Sedan) but it does appear to be a recurring problem with some cars.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
mines a ute, so is my mates, both have the same problem (built in march 14)

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Really strange, I reckon mine is as good as any car I've owned (including VE utes and sedans)..
The dealer did flash an update into mine before selling the car to me as I'd seen on here people were having issues and there was a software update (10/03 car).
Mine remains on about 22/23 most of the time and is spot on.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
March 2014 build Calais and so far no issues with the climate. Have it set to 22. We have had some warm days and some sub zero mornings in the Adelaide Hills and it seems to do the job.

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Just dropped my SV6 off for its 30K Service, asked about the software update for the boot release. Apparently its not out for this Model. WTF !!
Ive had this car since July last year and by the time they fix some of this stuff I'll be up for a new Lease.
Oh on the brighter note they will do an inspection for some recall on the seats. Excuse me Holden Designers, my seat hasn't bothered me for 10 Months but your flawed software means I often come out to my car with the boot open.
Thank god you blokes don't design Aeroplane doors :)

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Had my software updated again yesterday only after a week I was last at the dealer. New update means you have to hold the boot release button for 3 seconds because people were hitting it in there pocket also updates to do with the locking system aka people were somehow locking the key in the car

What Model Car do you have there Trewman. I just dropped my SV6 off and they tell me theres no fix for my Model yet !!

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
My calais V wagon had the firmware upgrade at the 15k service. The climate control seems to be worse now and my car is a Jul 13 build. I have found where the vent temperature can be cool even if the controls are set for 24. I have noticed if you stop the car let it rest for a few minutes (say 5) and then restart the car and the temp is now warm and working OK. I have been able to replicate this.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
there was an earlier problem in sedans where one temp sencor was in the rear vents, people closed them and it confused the system . this is still an issue as front vents also have temp sencors in them. close them and you can screw it up (stupid design for the vf)
however they do seem to have mounting problems with regulating mid temps and causing hot cold swings.
also they are laggy in going hot to cold unless you go to extreems.
mine is with the guys today to see if they can find a resolution through sensor diagnostics.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
New problem has happened a few times now at random. Start car via push button as normal car does initial rev then cuts out. Trying again the car always starts. Anyone else had this issue ?