Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

dav0j

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Another recall for VE/VF. Wiper motor this time
GM Holden Ltd

My wipers stopped a few weeks ago while on the freeway while raining. This was a one off after I man handled the wiper blade.

Was so dangerous but at least they know it's an issue now!

central3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
I have had my VF SS for 2,000km - the oil pressure light takes the best part of 2 to 3 seconds to go out - I guess this is normal but ?

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
March build Calais is about to go in for its 3 month check up. Only issue that I have is the rear passenger door does not line up to the front door.

WP_000648.jpg

100percentjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Fuel gauge is still faulty and not showing correct level of fuel in tank. On Thursday the engine light came on and fuel gauge went to empty. DTE showed "--". Fuel gauge came back after a few mins but then over the course of the hour trip kept dropping in and out. Taken to Holden and after a few hours they were unable to clear the engine light. Believed it to be something to do with the fuel tank so the car is booked in tomorrow to get the tank ripped out. However the engine light was not displaying today, but had been on since Thursday.

wazsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V Sedan

March build Calais is about to go in for its 3 month check up. Only issue that I have is the rear passenger door does not line up to the front door.

View attachment 172739

I had problems with my Right Hand Front door alignment on my 2013 Calais V V8 door. The dealership had a panel beater re-align it and it appears to be ok now.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
My 2013 VF SS had alignment issues with both front doors similar to your Calais, though not quite as bad. I picked up a 2014 SSV today and the alignment is spot on. Holden's quality control right?

100percentjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Car went into Holden on Thursday, requires 2 fuel sender units as both the left and right are faulty. However one of them is available next week, the other is apparently not available anywhere in Australia.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
mmmm, top line Holdens going out the door with panels and doors out of alignment. May be to get us used to the next gen Korean imports, if anyone buys them that is.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais

View attachment 172739

Dealer wasn't keen to re align the door as they are worried it will cause door seal issues. The service manager took me around the sales yard and we looked at other VF Calais and SV6s which had similar alignment issues. Perhaps the jigs are out in the factory. Although it is not a huge issue, I am going to follow it through as I know that is there.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My vf stuffed up its first auto park today and hit a gutter!! First time its failed. I had a wheel alignment done last week. Is this related???