Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
1- my seat drivers moves slightly feels really minor but annoying
I've seen at least a couple of people around here complaining of this.
Ask to get it fixed, and "it's normal" from the dealer doesn't cut it.

2- steering wheel top peeling off wheel a bit looks terrible for 1 year old 60000 car!
We had that, 70km (not 70000km) old car, 9 months since build-date. Replaced under warranty, new one looks a lot better.

3- rear brakes are faded and rusty front brembos look good back looks terrible
I wouldn't worry about that, that is normal. The fronts are Fancy Shmancy so they've been painted & gloss-coated, the rears are generic so they're just ... dunno what they are, probably cast iron, but you'll find the fronts on everything without Brembos will look the same.
This isn't going to be a warranty thing. Really only your two choices are to get the rears prepped & painted like the fronts (don't know how possible that would be on the car), or for a bit more cash, getting hold of some Cadillac CTS-V rear brakes (or some MY16 rear Brembos) and getting them painted plus getting the logo applied plus the clear-coat over the logo. Or I guess you could replace all 4 with the red MY16 ones.

shotter

Reaction score
I think the correct word is "common", not "normal".

I was told they checked the movement of another VF's drivers seat and that had movement too but it was within the normal range of seat movement. I wasn't happy with that explanation.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Something I noticed yesterday when I popped the bonnet.

The top strut rubbers are getting chewed away and bits of rubber flakes are building up on strut towers, on a car that's a bit over a year old with 16,000km. I'm not particularly impressed with it!

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Took my MY15 Redline in for 9mth service on the WE (11000kms on clock). Told them my drivers seat moves. They are sourcing a replacement seat base under warranty. Not happy that this happened as I thought they fixed the issue prior to the update release, however happy they are changing it no questions asked.

Last edited:

shotter

Reaction score
I contacted Holden head office to make a complaint about the multiple issues with MP3 playback, A/C and GPS because the dealer service department just kept saying they were waiting on an update from Holden to be released. Apparently there is ment to be an update released in January but they couldn't say what that update would cover. Will be interesting to see if it actually fixes some of the ongoing issues.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I hope the GPS includes red-light & speed camera warnings! :)

PeteJNR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf
Parking sensor issues!

I have a vf sv6 ute and lately have had issues with my front centre sensor It continually goes off with full red bar in the centre sensor on my dash but the left and right sensor are working fine.. I recently Took my car in for service and they said there was no issue and a day later it started again.
Has anyone else had this issue or can recommend something I can do to fix the issue?