Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hope our 2015 SV6 can be as reliable as the 1994 VR.

waynevfv6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
Anybody ever had problems with lights staying on or turning off on the dash mirrors or where ever by themselves?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Probably not so much of an issue as an annoyance, but having the bonnet release catch now on the left hand side of the striker (compared to VE) s__ts me to tears. Being right handed, it feels really awkward, anyone else notice this?

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
I had an ongoing issue with battery voltage drops during the day (typically it would drop to 12.3/12.4 volts from a high of around 14 volts) and I'd often have a flat battery next morning. The dealer had the car in for a few days to try and figure what was causing the voltage to drop below 11 volts overnight. In the end the battery was replaced and so far it's been OK.
By the way, I was informed that the battery only has 12 months warranty and as mine failed at 18 months I had to pay for the replacement - it cost $170.
I can recommend those little $100 jump start kits, amazing that they can start a car...also real handy for charging phones, IPads etc. Every car should have one IMO.
Other than that the car has been great.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
I had an ongoing issue with battery voltage drops during the day (typically it would drop to 12.3/12.4 volts from a high of around 14 volts) and I'd often have a flat battery next morning. The dealer had the car in for a few days to try and figure what was causing the voltage to drop below 11 volts overnight. In the end the battery was replaced and so far it's been OK.
By the way, I was informed that the battery only has 12 months warranty and as mine failed at 18 months I had to pay for the replacement - it cost $170.
I can recommend those little $100 jump start kits, amazing that they can start a car...also real handy for charging phones, IPads etc. Every car should have one IMO.
Other than that the car has been great.

Have to argee, jump starter good investment, just remember to check in every so often, to make sure it's full charged, no good if your jump starter is flat if you need it.
I have been n watching the battery voltage display on the dash while driving, and notice that it's allowed to drop to 12v before the alternator kicks into charge the battery back up. Have notice can be a slow at starting first time of the day, guess time will tell if it will be problem.

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Sub standard HVAC caused by not having any actual temp. sensors... I use the window... it seems to be more effective

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Probably not so much of an issue as an annoyance, but having the bonnet release catch now on the left hand side of the striker (compared to VE) s__ts me to tears. Being right handed, it feels really awkward, anyone else notice this?
Yep - I was thinking this today when I gave mine a bath. I hear ya

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
My boot is open when it isn't. Not even 2000km yet grrr

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Been a common issue since VF launch, just need to give it a firm shut.

problem is it is shut, sensor for boot must needs adjusting or replace