Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Yep I'd be filthy too. I had a good look over my car yesterday and my missus has managed to scratch every wheel..I'm seething but what can you do!?
Maybe time to practice with the park assist - it can't be that bad?

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Last weekend I pretty much came out and said that I'm not confident with my wife's driving anymore in regards to wheels staying new. I caused tears and I felt pretty bad, but my wheels were proud of me for having the balls to have that conversation.

The result is that she can drive the Volvo how she likes and will only use the SS in real emergencies, which is unlikely that I wouldn't be around to do the driving anyway.
You let your wife drive your SS? :) The ONLY time I have had a scratched wheel (other than from tyre workshops x 2) was when 'someone else' parked my Statesman lovingly close to the gutter 15 years ago. So 'someone else' only drives my car when I am too tired or OTL.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
You let your wife drive your SS? :).

Basically, no.

This only my second brand new car.
My first brand new car was a 4x4 Dmax which I took bush to get pinstriping done in the first few weeks, so cosmetic damage to wheels didn't bother me or the 265/75-16s.
Having five immaculate wheels on the SS is still a novelty and source of joy for me.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
"its only a car"; don't you just hate hearing that?
You can buy her a driving course for her birthday. Won't go down well but the message might get through
Last weekend I pretty much came out and said that I'm not confident with my wife's driving anymore in regards to wheels staying new. I caused tears and I felt pretty bad, but my wheels were proud of me for having the balls to have that conversation.
The result is that she can drive the Volvo how she likes and will only use the SS in real emergencies, which is unlikely that I wouldn't be around to do the driving anyway.

Unfortunately the Calais is undertaking baby carrying duties while she's off on maternity leave. The other car (her car) is a VW polo which I'm now using. I managed to shoehorn a carseat into the back of it but it's a bloody tight squeeze to get the bub in and out (and it can't carry a pram at the same time) so it's only used when the Calais is off the road for service etc.

I nearly cried when I saw the scratches. Admittedly they aren't massive but they're big enough..I'm sure you all understand what I mean.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sell the Polo and buy her a V50.

Safe
Wagon is useful
Built in booster seats for when they are 5+ yo

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Brave boys. My Wife drives mine on trips, and loves it! But not around town. I've clipped a couple of kebs in city multi level parking areas. They're too bloody tight some of 'em! Luckily I was able to repair it myself. They are perfect now, can't notice them at all.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Macquarie and Chatswood have some tight corners, I often take the Volvo instead as it's smaller, shorter and has rash on each wheels already

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Electricals...
Had the steering thing fixed, during a week or so of fun.
Saturday PM 2 weeks ago, came out of the mall, jump in the car, whirrrr---sputter sputter. Click. Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nothing.
Dragged it home with help of a friend, we dug out the lil OBD scanner, 2 error codes: P-023F, P-069E. Fuel Pump Secondary Open, and Please turn on the dash fault light.. OK, fuel pump zvukt. Car's got almost 125,000 on the clock, fair enuf.
Warranty.
Drag it to the dealer, they spend all day diagnosing, to learn, yep, fuel pump no-go. Order one in, from Adelaide (We're in Alice Springs).
While you have it, please reset the TPMS, yep, no worries (See the stupidity in the other thread)
Poor Shen at HCC is driven nuts by me trying to find out what's going on, and offering hints.
Wednesday, a week and a half after taking baby into their 'Care' the dealer sez, 'sall good, you can have it!'
Back to work we go.
this afternoon, 2 weeks almost to the minute later, Whirrrr---sputter, sputter. Click.
The nice man at Supercheap brought his OBD diagnose out and plugged it in and Guess What...
P-023F, P-069E
Ridiculous!
An independent mech shop client sagely suggested, maybe not the pump after all, maybe an electrical issue. Both times it was a warm, dry afternoon.
Now comes the thinking. The steering issue was also only present when the weather was warm, dry. An unusually rainy month from Christmas Eve almost up to Australia Day all was fine, then the rain stopped and Whammo, the steer thing again.
The dealer also did the rear suspension carriage wiring harness recall fix too, cant help wondering if related...

Anyone else care to offer any thoughts?