Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Lighting

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Via the BCM, HSV specific.

Can't be enabled in ours as it wasn't written in our BCMs.
I’d assume the BCM is programmable so is it that the after market hasn’t bothered to work out how to extract modules from one BCM and install modules into another BCM? If it is possible wouldn’t it then be a module feature activation?

Is HSV able to code Holden modules or can you buy a HSV BCM and have Your VIN programmed?

Likely a more complex and costly solution but VF was a global architecture so there must be a bigger market for such BCM fiddling than our VF’s :rolleyes:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I’d assume the BCM is programmable so is it that the after market hasn’t bothered to work out how to extract modules from one BCM and install modules into another BCM? If it is possible wouldn’t it then be a module feature activation?
Is HSV able to code Holden modules or can you buy a HSV BCM and have Your VIN programmed?
Likely a more complex and costly solution but VF was a global architecture so there must be a bigger market for such BCM fiddling than our VF’s :rolleyes:

Look for member named Tas something and ask him, he is the resident forum guru with this sort of stuff.

I'm using an aftermarket dimmer module on my VF2 Redline and have had no issues.

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
Via the BCM, HSV specific.

Can't be enabled in ours as it wasn't written in our BCMs.

I’d say it’s already in the BCM, just switched off at final programming on the production line.. I’ve noticed on a few production line videos that you can see the DRL’s on with the headlights at this point on the line.
53B6EDFC-91EB-4A60-8B62-0B635EBE4246.jpeg

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
We are discussing about diming the DRL's when headlights are on like HSV variants.

On the line they are on at 100%, not dimmed. So yes enabling them to switch on or off is in the BCM, but not to dim them.

JowlBra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss s1
why wont my drls turn on i have 2015 vf 1 ss an cant figure out how to turn them on

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
why wont my drls turn on i have 2015 vf 1 ss an cant figure out how to turn them on
Drls only run when headlights are off, if they aren't on at all it could be they are unplugged or there is a fault

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

check through the MyLink, they can be disabled there too.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
check through the MyLink, they can be disabled there too.

Haven't seen an option to do that via MyLink. Manually changing the headlight switch position would change from the DRLs to either the parking lamps or low beams.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Haven't seen an option to do that via MyLink. Manually changing the headlight switch position would change from the DRLs to either the parking lamps or low beams.

maybe i imagined it i thought i saw a DRL option in the MyLink - apologies if i remembered this incorrectly.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

you cant control them as they function automatically.

if you turn the head light switch to ON or PARK they will not come on because you have the head lights/park lights on.
if you cover the ambient light sensor in the middle of the dash they will not come on because the vehicle will think it is night time and turn the head lights on.
if you turn the fog lamps on they will turn off.

keep the head light switch on AUTO and make sure the ambient light sensor can detect daylight and see how you go.

someone mentioned a while back they were turned off because it was an ex police vehicle and they had to have them turned back on by a dealer