Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Powersteer failure

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
G'day, to everyone who helped me with my powersteer failure problem...

I contacted holden care, holden is organising a tow truck at their expense to take vehicle to local dealer on Monday of next week as Tuesday is earliest holden can fix the issue. Car is still under warranty, therefore fix will be covered by holden. However there has to be a diagnostic test to determine what is the problem, that cost is not covered by holden so I have to pay for that, approx $150.

Thank you to everyone for your help and input, I really appreciate you all...

Andrew... (TeknoSS)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If it's proved to be a warranty issue I would have thought the diagnostic test would form part of that repair cost.

I've had cars towed to the dealership to find a problem under warranty and never paid any costs.

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
If it's proved to be a warranty issue I would have thought the diagnostic test would form part of that repair cost.

I've had cars towed to the dealership to find a problem under warranty and never paid any costs.

G'day panhead, old mate at holden care reckons that cost is not on their end. It's a dealership cost, apparently I have to pay the dealer this to have the test done.
Like you I would have thought being a holden fault it should be taken care of at their expense.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It absolutely is. Whether they accept it or not.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
G'day, to everyone who helped me with my powersteer failure problem...

I contacted holden care, holden is organising a tow truck at their expense to take vehicle to local dealer on Monday of next week as Tuesday is earliest holden can fix the issue. Car is still under warranty, therefore fix will be covered by holden. However there has to be a diagnostic test to determine what is the problem, that cost is not covered by holden so I have to pay for that, approx $150.

Thank you to everyone for your help and input, I really appreciate you all...

Andrew... (TeknoSS)

I call BS.... !
have nearly 40 VFs in the fleet (all still under wtty)
7 have had steering issues.. in NO case have we paid anything
to anyone (not towing, not the BS test) and for the 7, Holden
also paid for the hire cars (for our sales reps)

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
The dealer always should cover their backside and advise up front of a cost IF something non warrantable causes the failure. I've seen some pretty silly things cause faults over the years (mouse chewed wiring, 4wd mishaps removing parts of diff housings, etc) and yes, that's a cost that you will have to pay for in the very slim chance that something not related to a manufacturing fault causes a failure.

Xenogenesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
The yankies have just had a recall issued for the chev ss for power steering failure. A matter of time before ACCC gets their act together.
I've had a few intermittent failures of the power steering on my MY14 SSV, not exactly confidence inspiring.
Won't let the misso drive it until I get holden to sort this **** out... just been flat out with work, haven't had a chance to take it in over the last few weeks. There isn't a snowflakes chance in hell of her 45kg being able to turn that wheel when it drops out.
Has anyone tried to have the power steer unit fixed/changed outside of warranty?

Holden Australia needs to sort their **** out.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Earlier electric steers have been in twice, there's several threads suggesting it may be a time bomb.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
That sounds suss as. I wouldn't pay it.
Never in my 20 years of buying Commodores and getting warranty repairs done have i had to pay a diagnostic fee.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I brought my car in for a diagnostic and they determined a new rack... parts arrived in 3 hours to the Gold Coast and the car was done by 3pm. Cost to me was $0.