Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake failure lost caliper bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
As I stated you will need to take the report to the tribunal.
The shop owner can just screw it up throw it in the bin and laugh.
Then only person that can compel the shop owner to open his wallet is a magistrate.

You should be able to write a letter explaining everything, addressed "to the magistrate presiding"
Explain the whole lot, ask for them to pay your court fees ect because you approached them first without going to the tribunal.
Actually ask them one more time via email and if they reply with F off you have showen that you tried to resolve the issue out side of court.

If this is too much then you can hire a solicitor, a case like this should cost between $1500-$2000 for the solicitor.
I'm not sure on court fees for a tribunal, last time I was in court for legal reasons it was a $50 court fee.

Basically you want to say everything to the magistrate in writing and do as little talking as possible, or have a solicitor and they do the talking you just sit there.
Any paperwork gets put in the folder so the magistrate can read it all.

With that report it will be a pretty simple case. Just ask for all the money you can get the worst is the magistrate says no on X but gives you X.
But just throw costs on like tow truck and the time it took you to write the letter, itemise it all and they may award you the lot.
I appreciate this rare on this page worthwhile information. It is all in hand. Cheers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm starting to think the shop owner was going to do the repair job, but lost his **** with the attitude.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but some people have a short fuse for attitude.

In saying that, writing is not the best way to express anger because it can come off bad.
Then others will think it's worse than what you're trying to say and react to it.

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
From the report: "As the process is self-exciting it is likely to have happened very quickly and given very little warning." This explains my not hearing or feeling anything prior to the failure. A couple of you sure jumped on me for that. I always apologize if I err in a statement. Not holding my breath however.

I do hope you all can appreciate how this could have been life ending for me or one of my sons and others driving behind if it had happened during rush hour in the middle lane of the Kwinana Fwy on Mt Henry bridge. Nobody seems to grasp that the failure resulted in no brakes (no brake fluid) and no steering with a front wheel locked and dragging on its side at 100kph. Had you any mechanical nouse and so appreciated the severity of this failure at the outset, perhaps I would have been sympathized with, not ridiculed.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
From the report: "As the process is self-exciting it is likely to have happened very quickly and given very little warning." This explains my not hearing or feeling anything prior to the failure. A couple of you sure jumped on me for that. I always apologize if I err in a statement. Not holding my breath however.

I do hope you all can appreciate how this could have been life ending for me or one of my sons and others driving behind if it had happened during rush hour in the middle lane of the Kwinana Fwy on Mt Henry bridge. Nobody seems to grasp that the failure resulted in no brakes (no brake fluid) and no steering with a front wheel locked and dragging on its side at 100kph. Had you any mechanical nouse and so appreciated the severity of this failure at the outset, perhaps I would have been sympathized with, not ridiculed.

A guy I used to work with once left a steering column bolt off on a power steering rack.
The bolt that holds the coupling.

The owner came off the Barton Hwy near the Hume Hwy at 100kmh.
He came in, didn't go off his head but had a stern conversation with my boss at the time.
My boss came out to the workshop, he asked what happened, we explained what had transpired.
We worked out who was at fault, he told him to go home before he knocks him out.

The owner never saw any of that.

How you approach a situation can change the outcome.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
I'm starting to think the shop owner was going to do the repair job, but lost his **** with the attitude.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but some people have a short fuse for attitude.

In saying that, writing is not the best way to express anger because it can come off bad.
Then others will think it's worse than what you're trying to say and react to it.
If you go back to the very start all I did was explain what had happened. No anger just relating the facts. My anger started when accused of having poor hearing and/or ignoring that and not feeling/hearing any grinding etc. It continued with idiotic comments on my modifications or my tyre condition etc etc. My fuse may be short but it wasn't lit by me. Your moderator 'Immortality' sure doesn't know how to extinguish a lit fuse. I am a parrot breeder with a private but findable FB page with over 38,000 members from all over the world. It is called 'Ringneck Mutations Only' and in its 6 years of operation I have seen nothing like I have experienced here.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If you go back to the very start all I did was explain what had happened. No anger just relating the facts. My anger started when accused of having poor hearing and/or ignoring that and not feeling/hearing any grinding etc. It continued with idiotic comments on my modifications or my tyre condition etc etc. My fuse may be short but it wasn't lit by me. Your moderator 'Immortality' sure doesn't know how to extinguish a lit fuse. I am a parrot breeder with a private but findable FB page with over 38,000 members from all over the world. It is called 'Ringneck Mutations Only' and in its 6 years of operation I have seen nothing like I have experienced here.

There is a couple of people that gaslight people for fun, or troll people.
It happens, just ignore them.

But also speaking down on people that own V6 commodores is a good way to piss half the members off on here.

W Stobart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS7 Ute
content removed.

We are not naming and shaming on a public forum. You have been warned of this before!

Last edited by a moderator:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

You should edit all the names and contact info out.

Also don't give them a dead line.
Ask them how they are going to rectify the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Warned....

Ignored.

/thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.