Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Supply chain issues with new cars.
People dont want to wait, so decent S/H vehicles are more desirable.
So are rubbish ones. :)

A mate from work is one of those people who gets bored after 6 months of owning something, a week or two ago he sold the BMW 135i (2dr) he bought in February (for $3k more than he bought it), and he's replaced it with a ~1yo Clio RS. In looking, he did test-drive an AMG A45, it was 3 years old & the paint was faded on a few panels & some of the plastics were falling apart, had just gone past a big service which the new owner would have to pay for, needed tyres, etc. They were asking low $40k's, this mate of mine said that with all the work it needed he offered them low $30k's & they said no.
Anyhoo it apparently sold a day later, my mate saw it for sale at a dealer for $49k, and the ad had disappeared before the next weekend.

I suspect, though, that there are enough VF2's around that a VF wouldn't get the same extra over "normal" that a VF2 would. Rising tide floats all boats is true, but when the guy next to you has more Shiny on his boat ...

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Supply chain issues with new cars.
People dont want to wait, so decent S/H vehicles are more desirable.

I hadn't thought about the lack of new cars. Dealers have been shut for so long here.

I figure the prices are high due to a mix of:
  • People needing to sell but not wanting to lose too much money = adverts put up high and stay there
  • Not many people buying because why do you need a car for 5km radius, not many get sold
  • Some people who do buy having more money than usual due to jobkeeper or covid related saving etc
While used car prices are high, I'd imagine actual sales are way down.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
While used car prices are high, I'd imagine actual sales are way down.
Apparently things are selling quickly too ... as per the poast above yours, workmate looked at a wholesaled not-that-great-condition car which was sold to a dealer within a few days & the dealer put Good Nick Full Retail money on it ... the dealer still sold it in another couple of days.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Apparently things are selling quickly too ... as per the poast above yours, workmate looked at a wholesaled not-that-great-condition car which was sold to a dealer within a few days & the dealer put Good Nick Full Retail money on it ... the dealer still sold it in another couple of days.

i think it varies region to region. @Derekthetree is in Victoria.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Apologies, I hadn't factored in the total lockdown ... but nothing would be able to be sold at all, would it?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Apologies, I hadn't factored in the total lockdown ... but nothing would be able to be sold at all, would it?
Guess as a seller living in Racoon City, one could do a zoom inspection and offer a virtual drive :eek: :p

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I have a VF1 SSV Ute. I just had a look on Carsales and they all seem to be about $10k more than last time I looked which would have been before covid.
Maybe I should sell mine and buy a. . .a . . . er . . um . . .
Maybe I'll just keep it!
And hope the electricals keep going!

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Same my LSA Maloo seems to be gathering dollars faster than kilometres