Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
Thanks all for the replies. Yeah i was pretty confident that all VEII had the reversing lines always. Good to know now for sure.

You can get the lines with a software upgrade of MyLink. My car is an early build 2013 VF Redline and just before warranty ran out, I asked for the MyLink to be reflashed to the latest build at that time. Hey presto reverse lines for the rear camera, after the update.
Before i picked up my car from the Holden dealer i made sure to ask if the car had all the recent MyLink software updated which i was told it had be done. I figured perhaps the setting for the reversing lines was somewhere in the menus to be turned off or on but i found nothing in the settings which i guess means it didn't receive the most recent firmware.

Its no big drama but of course i would have liked to have them there still.
If ever for any reason the car needs to be taken back i will make a mention of it.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Im assuming you have to get your car serviced at holden to get it updated?

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
You can get the lines with a software upgrade of MyLink. My car is an early build 2013 VF Redline and just before warranty ran out, I asked for the MyLink to be reflashed to the latest build at that time. Hey presto reverse lines for the rear camera, after the update.
I had mine updated last Friday when I had the navigation updated. Asked for MyLink and the BCM to be checked and updated. I've now got the reversing lines on my 2013 SS-V.

Kezzababy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF International
I had mine updated last Friday when I had the navigation updated. Asked for MyLink and the BCM to be checked and updated. I've now got the reversing lines on my 2013 SS-V.
Did they charge you for the update?

USHoldenFan

Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 Perfect Blue Chevrolet SS/2005 PBM Pontiac GTO
This is a stupid question but I can not seem to get a good answer anywhere, and there are at least a dozen posts on the US cite about it. Can someone tell me/measure the placement for the SSV badge on VF series 1? I am finishing my conversion and haven't placed the door/boot lid badges on because I haven't been able to find the correct specs for placement.

Thank you for the help.
Tom

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
This is a stupid question but I can not seem to get a good answer anywhere, and there are at least a dozen posts on the US cite about it. Can someone tell me/measure the placement for the SSV badge on VF series 1? I am finishing my conversion and haven't placed the door/boot lid badges on because I haven't been able to find the correct specs for placement.

Thank you for the help.
Tom
Just got into a holden dealership with a measuring tape. I cant help you as i have a ute.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Just got into a holden dealership with a measuring tape. I cant help you as i have a ute.
He's in the US.
I'll do it tonight if I get a chance.

Thank you for the help.
Tom

I'd be keen to see a link to your car too. Sounds like a nice project.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
He's in the US.
I'll do it tonight if I get a chance.

I'd be keen to see a link to your car too. Sounds like a nice project.
Oh haha my bad. Haha yeah id be keen to see some pics of the conversion too. Hope someone is able to help

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
I can do the door i have a series 1 ssv redline. If cashie doesnt post tonight il do it tomorrow with pics