Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Where you guys mounted these? Not looking at drilling or screwing into anything!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Where you guys mounted these? Not looking at drilling or screwing into anything!
No drilling or screwing required, double sided tape.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Yes, yours has all the CalaisV switch options across the centre of the wheel but the leather is not original CalaisV fit ...either the original got damaged and had to be replaced or after the car was traded someone saw their opportunity to swap and score a perforated leather??

I was looking at the "MY17 VF Commodore Product Information" document which mentions "NEW SS-V Redline steering wheel with perforated leather" as an addition in the MY17 Calais V. Mine is an MY16 car, so my guess is that the steering I have was standard till Holden added the perforated item to the spec.

On a related note, someone was mentioning an HSV steering wheel was better than the SSVR steering. Can any of the HSV owners post a clear picture of their steering wheel? I looked for HSV steering wheels online - but most of the results were generic listings for commodores. I did like some of the carbon fibre units, but I'm not too sure about the practicality they offer.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I was looking at the "MY17 VF Commodore Product Information" document which mentions "NEW SS-V Redline steering wheel with perforated leather" as an addition in the MY17 Calais V. Mine is an MY16 car, so my guess is that the steering I have was standard till Holden added the perforated item to the spec.

On a related note, someone was mentioning an HSV steering wheel was better than the SSVR steering. Can any of the HSV owners post a clear picture of their steering wheel? I looked for HSV steering wheels online - but most of the results were generic listings for commodores. I did like some of the carbon fibre units, but I'm not too sure about the practicality they offer.
I’m not certain what the MY17 CalaisV steering wheel looks like but the one I posted back in post#1320 is from a MY14 so I doubt very much that yours was standard on a MY16...maybe on the non ‘V’ Calais??

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Had the Mace controller on the Magnum for nearly a week...
I will admit that its capable of making the ute feel like its been tuned, and I haven't tried it beyond level 6 yet!:cool:
If you're considering a proper tune, don't waste your money, if not, its a great little add on. The iDrive unit does look better, but if you mount it down low and don't actually look at it, save $50 and buy the Mace unit. I found the instructions were a bit generic, but it gets you through mounting and calibration easy enough. I had read the hardest part of installation was disconnecting the factory plug on top of the pedal, used my thumbnail to unlock the orange lock bar and the plug just fell off.
I am impressed with the unit, and the highest praise I can give it, is just to state I have ordered another one for the VE Redline.

Thanks for the update.

I agree the iDrive has a nicer look but with Cuda and you both singing the praises of the Mace then I'll go that way as it's better the devil you know and the Mace obviously does the job.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
If you're after a steering wheel that feels better in the hands, find an HSV steering wheel.

I like something thick in my hands.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
BADGEC183.jpg

Hell no a Ford badge, makes sign of the cross.

>

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I’m not certain what the MY17 CalaisV steering wheel looks like but the one I posted back in post#1320 is from a MY14 so I doubt very much that yours was standard on a MY16...maybe on the non ‘V’ Calais??

That’s a possibility. Any Calais (non V) owners here?