Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
What a joke this is, AAMI the worst insurance company guaranteed to result in crap repair jobs from their substandard panel shops are the most expensive! Alliance is one of the BEST for choice of repairer and approving quality repairs and they're cheaper than AAMI. Budget Direct are as bad as AAMI but at least you save $900 in premium for a crap repair job if that works for you!

Don't worry about premium cost too much with a nice car because what will screw you over harder than a higher premium with choice of repairer policy, is a crap repair job that'll ruin your previously nice car!
AAMI have to pay for their almost constant barrage of tv advertising somehow.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
**** repairs seem to be a standard feature of most insurers these days.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
**** repairs seem to be a standard feature of most insurers these days.
Only those that give you no choice WRT the repairer. It’s something you can check when taking-out the policy, and a heap of people don’t bother (which is why it’s such a common product).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Only those that give you no choice WRT the repairer. It’s something you can check when taking-out the policy, and a heap of people don’t bother (which is why it’s such a common product).
Policy wording with some insurers mean that you can indeed choose the repairer for an extra premium surcharge but they can still pay you less than your repairers charges for a decent repair to your standards if they deem it to not be market competitive…

The policy wording is all fcuked up and gamed in their favour so it can simply depend on which way the wind blows on the day :confused:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The premium increased by $130.98

The details are:

Insurer: GIO

Premium: $751.49 (last year's premium was $620.51)

Market Value: $58,300 (last year's value was $48,360)

My excess: $795.00

I'm just over 25 years old

Declared mods: Coilovers, tinted windows & wider rims and tyres & driver wears Hawaiian shirts and black rubber thongs (on his feet)
For shits and giggles I just did a comprehensive quote on my MSE with GIO where the end results for my non daily that travels << 5000km per year was:
  • $1527 premium for the max agreed value of $69940
  • $1035 premium for the default agreed value of $53800
  • $935 premium for the lowest agreed value of $40350
Probalem is the car is supposedly worth more than what their max agreed value allows :rolleyes:

Seems living in a big city sees me getting screwed even though I’ve got a prefect record (last 5 years) with only one claim that was fully recovered and where the idiot at fault driver hit me in the rear when stopped at traffic lights :oops:

Just fcuken insurance companies really but at least GIO didn’t grab all my details only to tell me they don’t insure my vehicle at the end of the info gathering quote process (a common tactic by many) :mad:

I can’t even get my POS daily, probably worth $10k, insured for less than $800 :(

PS: standard excess was $950 in all cases :oops:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'll give you guy's a pro tip, ask heaps of questions before the job starts and act like you know heaps about cars and you have an eagle eye.
What this does is at the assessment you get put down as a fussy customer and the whole shop will treat you different.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
For shits and giggles I just did a comprehensive quote on my MSE with GIO where the end results for my non daily that travels << 5000km per year was:
  • $1527 premium for the max agreed value of $69940
  • $1035 premium for the default agreed value of $53800
  • $935 premium for the lowest agreed value of $40350
Probalem is the car is supposedly worth more than what their max agreed value allows :rolleyes:

Seems living in a big city sees me getting screwed even though I’ve got a prefect record (last 5 years) with only one claim that was fully recovered and where the idiot at fault driver hit me in the rear when stopped at traffic lights :oops:

Just fcuken insurance companies really but at least GIO didn’t grab all my details only to tell me they don’t insure my vehicle at the end of the info gathering quote process (a common tactic by many) :mad:

I can’t even get my POS daily, probably worth $10k, insured for less than $800 :(

PS: standard excess was $950 in all cases :oops:

Out of interest, do you know if they are treating it (and valuing it) any differently to any other Commodore model? i.e. is it possible that they are just putting it in to the Redline bucket on their system?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i had to change the house address for my daily cos of the floods living in rental so one vehicle is bout 5km different address to what it was and my insurance gave me a $30 refund as i only renewed month beforehand, 5km in same town but different area is cheaper

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
i had to change the house address for my daily cos of the floods living in rental so one vehicle is bout 5km different address to what it was and my insurance gave me a $30 refund as i only renewed month beforehand, 5km in same town but different area is cheaper
That seems a bit risky to me … I guess the chance they’d investimigate aren’t high, but I dunno if I’d be willing to take on that risk myself.