Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Release date?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I had a go of a 400rwkw xr6T ute not too long ago - two words - and the second one is HORRID! Though I do put that down largely to the fact that EVERYTHING that didn't make that power was stock - oh... and the leaf springs :hmmm: Even the owner classed it as 'dangerous'.

I think that sort of punch in a sedan could be a totally different story! Keen to see how it turns out.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
beet your heart still races whenn you remember that drive tinny would have been terrifiying
its all good have enough power to kick start a small planet but you need control over it to use it

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The leaf springs in the ford utes are horrible. Their interior feels as cheap too

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
beet your heart still races whenn you remember that drive tinny would have been terrifiying
its all good have enough power to kick start a small planet but you need control over it to use it

mate I gave the keys back swearing never again!!! That thing was nuts - but ZERO traction in basically any gear!

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
2018 will be the year where holden fully redesigns the Holden commodores it's usually every 4 years so it funny how VE series 2 released 2010 but VF will be release 2013

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Chances are they'll have a pretty damn good idea at the design office what the vf will look like.

The ve has been dammed successful so I'd bet very little changes

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
whats the mod plan to get your 450?
i would think you would be pushing reliability on pretty much all your componetry for daily use.
you would be looking at 700 odd hp at the flywheel even the fantastic ZF box would be sweeting at that.
then to use that sort of turbo feed power you would need a subsantial upgrade in the rear end to get more rubber to the road and control over it when your turbo spools up and the power wacks down your drivetrain in one massive rush.

sounds like fun and a lot of dollars

The guy who will be doing the work is an engine design engineer for Ford AU, specifically the I6T (now in a different area for the new motors). So not sure what will be done, but cost isn't huge and he has been running his around town for 50,000k's. I no longer work on my own cars, too much stress, easier to pay someone to do it.

Their interior feels as cheap too

lol, coming from a VY SS owner is a bit rich.

Aaaaaannnnnnd.........this thread goes way off topic once again.

lol, thats what good about this place :p 8 topics in one thread :D

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Unless they do something about the cheap ass feel of the car overall i certainly won't be buying another one. The interior in the ve in particular is shithouse.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I had a rental ve sv6 the other weekend, what's up with the dash board and door cards?