Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF roof lining

crabrob41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6 storm wagon
Cannot believe this is the second commodore wagon where the roof lining has collapsed. You would think Holden would have considered the weather conditions and problem well before my VF model was released!!!

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Holden have always looked at the bigger picture and I have no doubt a lot of thought went into the R&D to ensure they did their best to keep motor trimmers and headline fitters in employment.

Contrary to popular belief, holden wasn't always just concerned about doing right for all their vehicle purchasers.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Holden was about General Motor’s profit levels, the comsumer’s best interests would have been almost as irrelevant as the interests of 3rd party aftermarket repairers.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Cannot believe this is the second commodore wagon where the roof lining has collapsed. You would think Holden would have considered the weather conditions and problem well before my VE model was released!!!
This happens in every car. Every manufacturer. Foam does not last forever.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Interestingly, our 17 year old Outlander has no issue.

Doesn't feel very foamy though.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sigma seems to ring some bells suffering the same fate back when they were a few years old

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Cannot believe this is the second commodore wagon where the roof lining has collapsed. You would think Holden would have considered the weather conditions and problem well before my VE model was released!!!

Well to be fair the youngest VEs are 12 years old now so hardly spring chickens. Generally if you get 10 years out of the roof lining if the car is regularly parked in the sun then your doing well.

On the plus side roof lining material isn’t exactly rare and there are companies who will come to you and replace it. Get it replaced and complain about it falling down in another decades time.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
My lining was replaced in 2016 under warranty because of a water leak. It's now sagging. (Grrrrr) .I'm going to have a go at it myself and I'll let you know how it goes.
I have a ute and I believe that I can get it out okay. Wagon, I think is okay too, but I think the sedan has to have front or rear screen removed to get the lining out.
I had a VP berlina wagon back in 1992 and got the lining replaced in that too. From memory it was defective and was deformed from new. It was replaced through the tailgate.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sedan does not have to have windscreens removed.
Maybe not but from what I understand it’s much easier to do in a wagon :cool:

Pity Holden didn’t do a limited edition wagon with their last run of LE model variants :rolleyes: Imagine a wagon with a manual box and mag ride, I’d put up with a Bedouin tent :p :cool: