Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah ... but the less I let the dealer near the mechanicals, the less chance they have of breaking something irrepairable. At least if they only need to apply a map update they can’t ... I dunno, drop it off a hoist. And the amount I’d save on a discounted map by getting a service, I could have saved on the service by going somewhere reputable for that service.
Ha, dropping it off the hoist should buff out :rolleyes: And the wheel alignment as part of the rack replacement will make it run straight again o_O So no problems ;)

But it's true you'll save by going 3rd party service :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, got my first service today and as part of that process had the maps updated. Now i have 84160883 Version 30.12.10.11 which is the same as that from Feb 2018 or there abouts.

Prior to the map update, i asked, and HCC stated there were no map updates coming. The dealer also stated that in his experiance maps get released every two. So i guess i'll find out soon enough if i was told porkie pies if/when Holden rolls out 2019 map updates in a month or so.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Well, got my first service today and as part of that process had the maps updated. Now i have 84160883 Version 30.12.10.11 which is the same as that from Feb 2018 or there abouts.

Prior to the map update, i asked, and HCC stated there were no map updates coming. The dealer also stated that in his experiance maps get released every two. So i guess i'll find out soon enough if i was told porkie pies if/when Holden rolls out 2019 map updates in a month or so.

I got told by HCC that there would be a map upgrade in March 2019. I even doubled checked that the lady did say 2019, not 2020.

Who bl**dy knows...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got told by HCC that there would be a map upgrade in March 2019. I even doubled checked that the lady did say 2019, not 2020.

Who bl**dy knows...
Guess I’ll find out soon enough o_O

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

Did you have to pay for your update?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you have to pay for your update?
No, 1st paid service was on Holden's dime due to the rocker recall. Map updates were also on Holden's dime due to new car having what amounted to 3 year old maps. They called both a guesture of good will, i called it Holden meeting their ACL obligations, so potaitow potuto, but free ;)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
No, 1st paid service was on Holden's dime due to the rocker recall. Map updates were also on Holden's dime due to new car having what amounted to 3 year old maps. They called both a guesture of good will, i called it Holden meeting their ACL obligations, so potaitow potuto, but free ;)

Which dealer did this for you? I asked Customer care and they referred me to Holden dealer. Holden dealer wants $$ to update. BUT my Calais got a free map at the end of 2016 so figure that one out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Which dealer did this for you? I asked Customer care and they referred me to Holden dealer. Holden dealer wants $$ to update. BUT my Calais got a free map at the end of 2016 so figure that one out.
Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. It was all handled by me through Holden Customer Care who emailed me some authorisations numbers. Then I booked the service through the dealer and gave them the HCC papaerwork on the day.

Seems HCC are just simply fobbing you off to the dealer for a commercial map purchase. If you feel that the maps in your car were outdated when you bought it, then you should phrase the discussion with HCC around your ACL stat warranty rights since the Nav system may not be fit for purpose (if it can’t find the addresses you enter, or speed zones in your area are wrong, etc.).

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I know this thread is probably full of excellent info but I'm just too lazy to go through it all to find what I'm after when my question is a very simple one.

Does the new SatNav update include points of interest like fixed speed cameras?

Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ It depends on what vehicle model you have and whether Holden has seen fit to allow speed camera warnings for your model.

It’s in the tread somewhere but I can’t be bothered to look it up :p and memory isn’t what it used to be o_O