Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Semi-bumping thread because interested in answer to that last question!
As a Series I owner, I can’t get the speed-camera warnings without messing with the gubbins of the unit; but am interested in whether the Series II warnings beep at you or not.

Yes, an audible alert, and a message at the bottom of the Mylink screen.
The 2016 VE IQ nav database update has more speed camera alerts than the Mylink database in my Sept. 17 build VF...

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Yes, an audible alert, and a message at the bottom of the Mylink screen.
The 2016 VE IQ nav database update has more speed camera alerts than the Mylink database in my Sept. 17 build VF...
Thanks

LASSTV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Wow what a long thread.

Quick question, I've got a ~May 2017 build VF S2 and am running 30.11.0F.11 maps. The car is going to the dealer soon for some work and whilst there I can get a free upgrade of maps (long story) but they've told told me that 2017 is the latest version of the maps. Yet it seems that 30.12.10.11 should be the latest, released Feb/March 2018.

1) Is this understanding of the versions etc correct? Is 30.12.10.11 still regarded as the latest?
2) I've noted people are losing or gaining functionality with map / MyLink updates like Speed cameras etc. Currently I have fixed traffic light cameras (Speed and Red Light Cameras) in my maps and it alerts me. Will going from 30.11.0F.11 to 30.12.10.11 remove this functionality?
3) Are there any noticeable differences between the versions? My main gripe is that on my HUD I see the wrong speed limit.
4) Do other 2017/2018/2019/2020 Holdens not come with MyLink and updated maps that we can use?? Like the Colorado etc.

Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
(1) I can't answer, but I don't recall maps having been released since production stopped.
(2) I don't think it's intentional that features are disappearing, the upgrades aren't intended to do that; it's possible stuff has been broken due to a bad update (ie. didn't work properly), or that settings are (temporarily - until you set them again) changed.
(3) I suspect you're comparing a map update to a version of another app for a different part of the system; but it's corrections to street maps including speed limits that you're getting when you get a map update. Note that the maps are around 2 years old by the time they're released, I believe you'll be getting circa-2015 or circa-2016 maps & speed limits & cameras etc.
(4) No, it was an old system by the time they stopped production. I don't think the same MyLink was fitted to anything else sold here; I could be wrong with that; but it's definite that you can't get newer maps for a different car & use them in the VF2. I think it's user Tazzi who's working on a conversion to fit a newer MyLink system (from something like a Colorado I think - unsure) into a VF/VF2, but with Holden shutting up shop I don't think that'd get you map support for much longer anyway.

Last edited:

LASSTV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Thanks, I guess it's really not worth chasing up the dealer for an update then. Cheers!

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
I believe 30.12.10.11 is the latest map version for the VF -- released 1st quarter 2018. That's what I have in mine, anyway.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
My main gripe is that on my HUD I see the wrong speed limit.

That's a feature of the powers that be changing the limits. On our trips I use the Mylink nav but also a Tom Tom (with the latest maps). It's not unusual for Mylink to be right (on road speed limits) and Tom Tom wrong, or vice versa.

I believe 30.12.10.11 is the latest map version for the VF -- released 1st quarter 2018. That's what I have in mine, anyway.

Thanks for that. I was going to ask that as mine is due for a service next month and I thought I get the last map update we're likely to see :(

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks for that. I was going to ask that as mine is due for a service next month and I thought I get the last map update we're likely to see :(
Just make sure you're totally clear on what's needed for the map update; it's possible I was lied-to, but if not, they can't just install it in your car on whim, it needs to be pre-organised with Holden (they probably need to apply your VIN to the file or something like that).