Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I asked about the maps (latest 2017) told that was $130 & requested that as well...……..Got a call next day & was recommended to wait for an update, actually talked me out of spending money!! Will see what happens.

So Holden are still going to offer further updates beyond the 2017 release.

Pass the smelling salts please.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

My 2013 MY14 Caprice V has the last and the Latest maps and they are 2014 Maps. Now the Caprice V is up with the upper of expensive cars from Holden yet they has been only one Map update. Maybe they knew in 2014 that Holden was Shutting its doors.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Hahaha, I’ll believe it when I see it and that’s be after being revived with said smelling salts :p

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My 2013 MY14 Caprice V has the last and the Latest maps and they are 2014 Maps. Now the Caprice V is up with the upper of expensive cars from Holden yet they has been only one Map update. Maybe they knew in 2014 that Holden was Shutting its doors.
I struggle to believe that the Caprice system doesn't use the same maps as the Commodore one, which has had more than one set of map updates released (probably only two mind you).

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Now the Caprice V is up with the upper of expensive cars from Holden yet they has been only one Map update.

Why would you think the Caprice would receive more updates than any other model? As long as they have satnav, they all get the same..

I struggle to believe that the Caprice system doesn't use the same maps as the Commodore one

'sactly..

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

What month was the car built? Maybe send the VIN to me as there was an early unit that could not be upgraded that easily. The Radio unit had many part number changes in the MY14 model year.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why would you think the Caprice would receive more updates than any other model? As long as they have satnav, they all get the same..

'sactly..
No its the other way around because there were not many Caprice V made or the Holden Dealer is Talking PORKIES. to have the last map updat and this is 2014 or even 2015 I think thats not on. The last update for most VF's was around (I think) 2017 so I expect the same with the Caprice V.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
What month was the car built? Maybe send the VIN to me as there was an early unit that could not be upgraded that easily. The Radio unit had many part number changes in the MY14 model year.
Have to go out soon I will give it to you via a PM when I come back for out fortnight shopping

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Bit of a thread dig but dose anyone remember how to get the hidden menu from the GPS screen?
@RoganJosh had a video on the 1st page but it’s no longer available.

it was something like hit the home button then maps and then push and hold 2 buttons down then the left side of the screen would show your current longitude latitude, elevation above sea level etc.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Sadly map data is vehicle specific and wrapped in GM security so they can extort a few more dollars from their customers. Even worse, Holden just can’t do the correct thing and make a map update portal available. Oddly Chevy SS owners can buy maps and update them without having to go to a dealer...

Fcuken Holden, get off your arse and fix this cause dealers are hopeless and it took them 2 days to do what I could and should have been able to do at home in my garage :mad:
You're right.
In this day and age when even my TV can get updates OTA, it's nothing more than money grabbing by Holden.
Imagine samsung charging you for every mobile phone OS upgrade or Microsoft charging you for every windows update.