Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I assume you won't trust them that it's not the "old" new map update from early this year without clarification ... but when you get that clarification, will be very interested to hear the details (age of maps in particular!).

Will definitely clarify

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I got the email today as well, don't know how they define latest map update

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Yeah me too. Car is a couple of weeks old and I cant drive it because of the Rocker Arm issue. And they want me to pay for it!

Lets see them bend over on this one.

Got the same email, also new car. Can’t believe they would try to ask to pay for this. I wouldn’t have a problem if they said prior to purchase that they guarantee to always update maps forever for a small yearly fee, but after purchase, asking to pay for an update that may well be the last and hence puts a short lifespan on the useful life of the unit is not reasonable at all. Not to mention the myriad alternatives such as google (completely free and always up to date, and with traffic), various other apps (cheaper and regularly updated for free), and standalone gps units.

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
I also received the email, so I paid the dealer in June for an update, now another one comes out. This is a joke, we dont know whats in the update, and the last "update" was still 5 years out of date.

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
I spoke to a Holden employee yesterday and apparently there is an update slated for 2018(no exact time frame)

M

mwb235

I might just do what I did with my FG Mk2 G6E - pull my Nav-enabled headunit out and fit a non-Nav headunit and just use a Navman which I can update for free whenever I like. Factory Nav is nice to have and looks better than a screen hanging off windscreen, but is nowhere near as practical. Plus if I get something like a Navman MiVue 2ch with built in DVR I have a crashcam too.

Even if there’s a factory update in 2018, it’ll probably be the last (and two years out of date).

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I had my GPS maps updated a few moths ago, so I was a little complexed when I received the email about new maps being available. I contacted Holden Customer Care to enquire about whether these where indeed new maps or just the same ones released this year. They replied that new maps are being released in February each year. So, the new maps are coming in February!

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
Sent a message to Holden via Facebook regarding the maps. Reply was that the new map update was issued Monday and as the car is less than 6 months old he was happy to have the update applied at my next service for free or can do in sooner for $179. Just waiting on a reply..as my next service is not till August as i only had the 1 month check last week.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Typical GM gouging us owners for map updates, Toyota updates theirs free!