Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Seats in a VE?

Vevfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf
So I have been doing a lot of research on this. I may be able to help I have all the wiring diagrams for the plugs on both seats

Now.. to do this swap there is a small angled bracket on the back of the VE seat that is riveted on. This bracket will need to be removed and re attached properly to the VF seat doing this will make the seat bolt in fine

as far as the wiring goes I am not an engineer by no means but I can give out the input that I have found on the wiring I am not able to upload the photos it won’t let me but I will happily email them to anyone interested.

seems to me like as long as you connect the wires to the counter parts on the seats should work. The other this to note is that vf seats have a lot more functions then the ve seats. Stuff like vented seats memory seats etc will not work unless wired to a toggle switch
Hey mate I've only just become a member lol I've had vf seats in a ve for 3 years but no electric functionality. I just seen your info and was just wondering how to finally get the dam things to move lol any info would be great regarding the plug connection. Cheers jayson

ferhater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY12 sv6 series 2
Looking to replace two front seats in a 2012 VE SS series 2 ute with 2 front seats from a VF. Are these as simple as a bolt out of the exisiting VE seats, and bolt in job with the VF's? The VF seats are from a calais, I believe that the seats in the SV6, SS and Calais are all the same, and there are no difference from the sedan to ute? just some models have more leather then others?
Will the electronics from the VF seat plug straight in to that of the VE?
Any impact of the airbags?
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks.
Hey man,
Did you fit the seats in?

ferhater

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden MY12 sv6 series 2
Hi all,
I need help, i wanted to put VF seats in my VE series2 2011 but the mounts are different. Every forum i came across indicated that they shoud be the same but wiring different. In one it indicated that the seat rails you have to cut the end of the VE rails off and weld it onto the VF rail.
Where could i get this done and how much would this set me back?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi all,
I need help, i wanted to put VF seats in my VE series2 2011 but the mounts are different. Every forum i came across indicated that they shoud be the same but wiring different. In one it indicated that the seat rails you have to cut the end of the VE rails off and weld it onto the VF rail.
Where could i get this done and how much would this set me back?
It would probably be cheaper and easier to fit a pair of E series HSV seats.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The rails and the seat frame are two separate parts. You can swap the rails over.

However where it gets super difficult is the airbags. Not compatible between the two. Quite dangerous to manipulate them and you must follow a series of steps before unplugging them to prevent accidental detonation. That can easily result in a death.

King Walkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
So I have been doing a lot of research on this. I may be able to help I have all the wiring diagrams for the plugs on both seats

Now.. to do this swap there is a small angled bracket on the back of the VE seat that is riveted on. This bracket will need to be removed and re attached properly to the VF seat doing this will make the seat bolt in fine

as far as the wiring goes I am not an engineer by no means but I can give out the input that I have found on the wiring I am not able to upload the photos it won’t let me but I will happily email them to anyone interested.

seems to me like as long as you connect the wires to the counter parts on the seats should work. The other this to note is that vf seats have a lot more functions then the ve seats. Stuff like vented seats memory seats etc will not work unless wired to a toggle switch
Hey Mate. Can you send me photo's of the VF seat wiring set up to plug into Series 1 VE. Thanks