Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF shudded at lights

JarrodVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Storm Sedan
Was waiting at the lights and my whole car shudded. Been running different ever since i got it serviced at the dealership last week. Only lasted a second but its never happened before. Didnt stall but felt like it couldve. Any ideas?

JarrodVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Storm Sedan
Out of interest, did you fill up your car at a different fuel station post your vehicle getting serviced?

have you contacted the dealership and advised them of this?

Yes I did. This is what my father reckons may be the cause. How would it affect the car though, if you can explain it to me?
Yeah i just called them and booked it in for Monday. Its just my first time doing any of this and i just wanted to get a few opinions. Its still under warranty so that would mean anything would be covered right? Thank you

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Yes I did. This is what my father reckons may be the cause. How would it affect the car though, if you can explain it to me?
Yeah i just called them and booked it in for Monday. Its just my first time doing any of this and i just wanted to get a few opinions. Its still under warranty so that would mean anything would be covered right? Thank you

Technically, I cant explain it to you and/or would not B.S you.

The fuel may or may not be the cause of your issue however, I had a similar experience with my local BP fuel station. I believe they had a bad batch of BP Premium fuel. I filled vehicle up with the same octane fuel at another BP station issue never occurred again.

It may be worth investing in a OBD Scantool which are relatively cheap to look for any fault codes your vehicle may be throwing and you could research the fault codes.

As your vehicle was just serviced, maybe ask your old man to help you have a geez at the oil to ascertain if its fresh and if possible check if a new oil filter has been fitted and/or check your radiator to ensure its at the appropriate level.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
v6 or V8

My V6 is often not smooth. I attribute it to the super low idle speed just over 500 RPM.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I took off in 4th gear this morning. Bit of shudder too.