Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf crank position sensor error

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
So I have had a couple problems with my Holden vf 2014 v6 come up a couple weeks ago with the service esp on the lcd and also traction control light come on following a noticeable loss of power and stalling at lights went and got the sensor replaced under warranty from the dealership yesterday everything seemed fine until this afternoon when I pulled in the drive way it all come back wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they fixed it or any ideas on what could be causing the problem error code is p0335

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
So I have had a couple problems with my Holden vf 2014 v6 come up a couple weeks ago with the service esp on the lcd and also traction control light come on following a noticeable loss of power and stalling at lights went and got the sensor replaced under warranty from the dealership yesterday everything seemed fine until this afternoon when I pulled in the drive way it all come back wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how they fixed it or any ideas on what could be causing the problem error code is p0335
Best to take it back to the dealer under warranty.
I am also always wary of battery voltage/condition for everything gremlin.

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
Have taken it back and he can’t figure it out because apparently all codes and errors disappeared over night says it will take over a week to possibly fix it and if it’s ecu not covered under warranty

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Do you have a known-good battery you can farnarkle for a few days, and see how your car goes?

'Cos our assassin friend makes an extremely good point at Post #2 about low battery voltage causing problems, and while the good side of how VF manages the battery is that you can go longer with a flaky one but the BAD side is that you can get unexplained issues for no known reason ...

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
No I don’t have one but the cars already in the shop so I’m just waiting to see what they say now but I’ll will try to get them to check the battery’s voltage aswell

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
No I don’t have one but the cars already in the shop so I’m just waiting to see what they say now but I’ll will try to get them to check the battery’s voltage aswell
They will need to do a load test on the battery.
Looking out for the easy and cheaper stuff first as Dr @Forg explained better than I did.
I gave in after the batteries in my cars were 7 years old - too many weird messages on the dashboards for my small brain. So I bought new ones and the gremlins went away. Not saying that is definitely your problem