Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ss w310

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Does anyone know why Difilipo/Walkinshaw paint their pipes black when most polish them? Is it to save money in polishing or do they use a cheaper grade of stainless or is there another reason that I can't think of?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You dont need experience with Walkinshaw to know that you are paying a lot more for a rebranded system with a fancy exhaust tip. Its simple mathematics.

I always lol when I see their quad tips. They're really badly designed as only the inner two tips carbon up. There is absolutely nothing flowing out the outer two tips. They'd have been better off going for something a lot more original, like dual oval tips or something.

Does anyone know why Difilipo/Walkinshaw paint their pipes black when most polish them? Is it to save money in polishing or do they use a cheaper grade of stainless or is there another reason that I can't think of?

While I don't know the answer to your question, I can say that I prefer a black exhaust - all the way to, and including, the tips. I've thought about plastidipping my mufflers and tips but I doubt plastidip could handle the heat.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Why are we twats?

Plainly and simply the OP asked for people who have used the gear to comment as he/she has already seen the threads with opinions but wants genuine opinion of what it's like from someone who has and uses the gear. Why is that so hard to understand? Whether or not something is a rip off doesn't factor into it as thats not what is being asked. Some of you on here clearly have trouble grasping that for whatever reason.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Plainly and simply the OP asked for people who have used the gear to comment as he/she has already seen the threads with opinions but wants genuine opinion of what it's like from someone who has and uses the gear. Why is that so hard to understand? Whether or not something is a rip off doesn't factor into it as thats not what is being asked. Some of you on here clearly have trouble grasping that for whatever reason.

Yes, the package is great. You will be happy with it, ive seen and used DiFillipo (which is what Wankinshaw is) in the past. If thats all you wanted to know, look away now.

Youre paying almost double the price for a warranty that you may as well use as toilet paper for an exhaust and OTR that you can buy RETAIL for almost 2/3 of the price.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I think you meant this...

Youre paying almost double the price for a warranty that you may as well use as toilet paper for an exhaust and OTR that you can buy RETAIL for almost 2/3 off the price.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Has anyone had the Walkinshaw W310 pack installed on their VF SS. Iv seen the previous thread about this but only found opinions, I'd like some first hand experience

Mr-SS, ignoring all the flames and other rubbish posted on this thread and taking back to topic. I have a SS Redline with the 310 package. That he car for about 3 months, picked up from the dealer with the w310 pack fitted with 7km on it. Therefore I cant tell you what change it made. I do know the most frustrating part was running in, waiting , waiting, waiting before I could open it up. It sounds fantastic but even better when you put the boot in. This has other problems, the more you put the boot in the more petrol it guzzles but the bigger you smile gets :)
I am enjoying mine now it is run in. Most of the time it is in bumper to bumper traffic. Give it some open road and it transforms.

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I've had heaps of modified cars and bikes.
I wanted a no fuss nice sounding car.i got it with the w310.
Now back to the OP's topic.