Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv ls3 6.2 upgrade options

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Interesting.. I have the same cam specs and went from 298kw to 340kw tuned on bp ultimate. I was pretty happy with the end result considering it's a fairly mild spec cam.
Yeah I was expecting more. But I guess compared to a W407 setup its still better than that.
Mine was on BP Ultimate for the tune before cam. Then on the new NPD 100 octane here in NZ. For the cam tune. So that should of also helped.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Yeah I was expecting more. But I guess compared to a W407 setup its still better than that.
Mine was on BP Ultimate for the tune before cam. Then on the new NPD 100 octane here in NZ. For the cam tune. So that should of also helped.
Perhaps your tuner was playing it safe and didn't put too much timing into it?.. when mine was getting tuned he was nearly finished and decided to add 1 degree timing which picked up an extra 5hp.

Clutch is starting to go now, so will be adding a rip shifter and Harrop true trac when that goes. Then eventually FI..

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
There is still a bit of confusion as to whether a full aftermarket performance exhaust and re-tune will give more bottom end and midrange torque OR top end torque only?
What does everyone think?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
torque depends on your tuner as proper fueling and timing will be more of a torque increase, if tuner only focuses on top end or WOT throttle then u dont get any benefit down low, best torque for cruise and part throttle is where u want it all setup properly

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
torque depends on your tuner as proper fueling and timing will be more of a torque increase, if tuner only focuses on top end or WOT throttle then u dont get any benefit down low, best torque for cruise and part throttle is where u want it all setup properly
So u are saying after the full after market exhaust the tune should be for cruise and part throttle to take advantage of the exhause hence more bottom end torque?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
So u are saying after the full after market exhaust the tune should be for cruise and part throttle to take advantage of the exhause hence more bottom end torque?
it takes time to optimize the low to mid areas using part throttle and most tuners just focus on the high load areas, ur not limited now days as your tune can have best low end torque and best top end hp and best cruise economy all in one, proper fueling control and timing can work wonders on torque and drivability and should be tuned on the road as its where u get the environment the vehicle will be in with road and wind resistance ect

AllanT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SSV Gen3
I'm going KN in standard air box, Gm Rex headers, hi flow cats, mated to std mids and bi module rears. Tune. I recon that should be good for about 360kw on a 6.2. and not a lot of dollars. Bang for $ spent. I want daily drive power not power I can't use.
I'm guessing 360kw based all else i read. I don't recon the OTR do more then 10kw and the rest comes from the tune, headers and cat add a few more. the mids and rears doing diddly.... Of course time will tell. could be wrong.
54247641_1368739803281021_6677671417946680813_n.jpg

50804100_1148233322017157_567966484705942468_n.jpg

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I recon that should be good for about 360kw on a 6.2
... the mids and rears doing diddly....

if you are talking at the engine, could be.
intake, full exhaust and tune will land you around 295rwkw on the 6.2
without the full intake, and advantages of things like a xpipe in the mid, you are probably looking around 280rwkw, maybe a bit under
but you are right that the majority of your gains are going to be in headers, cats and tune

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I want daily drive power not power I can't use.

If this is all you're after then don't spend any money at all as you already have more power from the factory then you can use during daily driving.

The only benefit you'll achieve is better fuel economy.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
if you are talking at the engine, could be.
intake, full exhaust and tune will land you around 295rwkw on the 6.2
without the full intake, and advantages of things like a xpipe in the mid, you are probably looking around 280rwkw, maybe a bit under
but you are right that the majority of your gains are going to be in headers, cats and tune
I know we shouldnt focus solely on numbers but im getting 246.6 rwkw after an otr and custom tune.
Will be going full exhaust & retune at some stage this year but i cant see any more gain than another 20 rwkw.
So i will be expecting around 266rwk which falls quite a bit short of the expected 295rwkw. Why could this be?