Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Brembos fit WN2 Caprice?

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
No, bigger is worse, takes more pedal pressure to apply the same braking force. A bigger master cylinder requires less pedal stroke for the pads to contact the rotor on a boosted system, you wouldn't notice a 2mm master cylinder increase.

Holden probably did a calculation with the perception that a 25mm master cylinder is on the cusp with stock brakes, so it will need to be bigger with Brembo's. A 25mm is a big master cylinder and massive overkill on stock brakes and plenty big enough fluid displacement for a set of 6 spots!

My Redline Ute, late production September '17 has a 25mm master cylinder along with a lot of HSV cars with 4 piston AP's.

I never knew that, so thanks RevNev. Do you know the mc size on the gts/gtsr and w1 with the 6 pots? If they run the 27mm mc, would it be purely for shorter pedal travel? Or is there another reason?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I never knew that, so thanks RevNev. Do you know the mc size on the gts/gtsr and w1 with the 6 pots? If they run the 27mm mc, would it be purely for shorter pedal travel? Or is there another reason?
I imagine there's a "feel" component to it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Both my Merc & BMW with factory 6 pots have 27mm master cylinders.

I checked them out when this issue was discussed a year or two ago.

It was at the time I bought a 27mm MC as a spare for my Redline.

I do agree with RevNev though, I can't see a real need, if you have a 27, then cool, if you don't, then don't sweat it.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Do you know the mc size on the gts/gtsr and w1 with the 6 pots?
No. I'll attempt to find out. An MY15 Maloo I checked out earlier today has a 25mm master cylinder with the HSV 4 spot AP's.