Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Brembos fit WN2 Caprice?

Phillbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Black Edition V8
I did the full upgrade about 18mths ago. Purchased CTSV calipers from ZZ Performance in the US. Just had to drill/tap the fronts from 12 to 14mm and trim the rear dust plates. I also painted and decaled mine Brembo yellow...goes well with Red Hot. No MC replacement required as I'm not racing and 2mm difference is nothing in the big scheme of things.

Purchasing from the US at the time saved me around $1500

Reactions: Lex

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I did the full upgrade about 18mths ago. Purchased CTSV calipers from ZZ Performance in the US. Just had to drill/tap the fronts from 12 to 14mm and trim the rear dust plates. I also painted and decaled mine Brembo yellow...goes well with Red Hot. No MC replacement required as I'm not racing and 2mm difference is nothing in the big scheme of things.

Purchasing from the US at the time saved me around $1500
That's where I got my rear brembos from. Way way cheaper.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
You don't need to change the mc, but bigger is better.
From memory it's 25mm v 27mm?
If you go to Holden to buy a replacement 27mm MC, they will give you the 25mm one as it supersedes the 27mm so can't be that big a deal. From Holdens point of view at least

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I understood it was only redline wheels that fitted in the holden range however finding out the offset of wh2 will clarify the situation.
I know that VFII Calais V factory wheels fit. Not sure if V8 and V6 are the same

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
If you go to Holden to buy a replacement 27mm MC, they will give you the 25mm one as it supersedes the 27mm so can't be that big a deal. From Holdens point of view at least
I had the CTS-V 6/4 pot with a stock 25mm MC from the VE and worked fined. Enginnered signed off on it no problemo.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
True that I speak from experience and counselling.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
You don't need to change the mc, but bigger is better.
From memory it's 25mm v 27mm?
No, bigger is worse, takes more pedal pressure to apply the same braking force. A bigger master cylinder requires less pedal stroke for the pads to contact the rotor on a boosted system, you wouldn't notice a 2mm master cylinder increase.

Holden probably did a calculation with the perception that a 25mm master cylinder is on the cusp with stock brakes, so it will need to be bigger with Brembo's. A 25mm is a big master cylinder and massive overkill on stock brakes and plenty big enough fluid displacement for a set of 6 spots!

My Redline Ute, late production September '17 has a 25mm master cylinder along with a lot of HSV cars with 4 piston AP's.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
No, bigger is worse, takes more pedal pressure to apply the same braking force. A bigger master cylinder requires less pedal stroke for the pads to contact the rotor on a boosted system, you wouldn't notice a 2mm master cylinder increase.

Holden probably did a calculation with the perception that a 25mm master cylinder is on the cusp with stock brakes, so it will need to be bigger with Brembo's. A 25mm is a big master cylinder and massive overkill on stock brakes and plenty big enough fluid displacement for a set of 6 spots!

My Redline Ute, late production September '17 has a 25mm master cylinder along with a lot of HSV cars with 4 piston AP's.
I'd have actually been a little concerned about a calibration of some sort not being correct with the "wrong size" master cylinder, but we have a bunch of people saying that's not the case (ie. people aren't merely "putting up with" nasty-feeling brakes because they want the Brembos fitted at all costs).

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I'd have actually been a little concerned about a calibration of some sort not being correct with the "wrong size" master cylinder, but we have a bunch of people saying that's not the case (ie. people aren't merely "putting up with" nasty-feeling brakes because they want the Brembos fitted at all costs).
Master cylinder size has the same effect as brake pedal ratio except it's done hydraulically instead of mechanically. A bigger master cylinder has the same effect as raising the brake pedal pivot point or locating the master cylinder push rod further down the pedal. It'll shorten the brake pedal travel, but you'll have push the pedal harder with more leg force for the same braking pressure. A smaller master cylinder enables you to brake with your big toe and a bigger master cylinder will need your foot firmly on the pedal with a bit of leg pressure!