Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline Brembos fit WN2 Caprice?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yeah but if I doing it I am doing front and rear as that’s the look I want.
I don't know if you have had a look at the price of 4 pot callipers and rotors but they are not cheap. Salvage auto parts on the Gold Coast do sell them second hand.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you need any help ring Brakes Direct on 1300724943.

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina
I don't know if you have had a look at the price of 4 pot callipers and rotors but they are not cheap. Salvage auto parts on the Gold Coast do sell them second hand.
Yeah honestly I’d prefer second hand as they’re a hell of a lot cheaper. And there’s plenty of written off redlines.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's not a problem but the ones from Salvage come with standard rotors. The DBA ones are better and look the part. The chances of Salvage selling the calipers only would be unlikely but it is possible to get the standard ones slotted and not to bad a price.

Willm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina
It's not a problem but the ones from Salvage come with standard rotors. The DBA ones are better and look the part. The chances of Salvage selling the calipers only would be unlikely but it is possible to get the standard ones slotted and not to bad a price.
They’re a decent enough upgrade to what’s on the car. That when it’s service time or more moneys in the bank the rest rotors and pads can be upgraded. As from my understanding they mainly help with cooling and wear. And amount of times you can brake hard. Rather than stopping distance.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
The front do 75% of the braking that's why rear Brembos don't do much over standard. They certainly look the part. I have a set of rear Brembos that I might use one day on my VE. It's only for the look but theres nothing wrong with that.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Although I doubt it would stop me doing a swap if I were in the same position, do check out the cost & availability of discs & pads to suit the Brembos. Last time I looked it wa about 3x the price for equivalent consumables, and a bunch of places were out of either the pads or the discs.