Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Redline exhaust options - opinions wanted.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Aftermarket rear mufflers,ve hsv headers/cats,tune and otr less than 2g,bang for buck.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Interested to hear people's thoughts on the Magnaflow option. I've had Magnaflows on a few cars, mainly older V8s and they always sounded great - but curious to see how they sound with the LS.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Interested to hear people's thoughts on the Magnaflow option. I've had Magnaflows on a few cars, mainly older V8s and they always sounded great - but curious to see how they sound with the LS.

i'll let you know, i ended up locking in the full system with tune for next week. My previous cars had custom not off the shelf systems but with magnaflow parts in the mix like cats, etc.

further to the catback is poxy i do agree. the two systems i had previously installed were

a) VXII HSV with standard HSV headers, then new cats and everything back replaced - this sounded decent enough and was cheap. even got a nice crackle on deceleration. minor drone, as in really minor at certain revs, if i was honest you'd be hard pressed to even call it drone.
b) V2 Monaro with full system including genie headers and j-pipes - this system sounded even better, cost a bit more but was worth it to me hitting the loud pedal has such a nice note. Picked up a bit of performance and drone completely eliminated.

I was kind of after b again but got talked into going a bit further, guess i will see what the result is. :D The money is there so i figure, why the hell not eh?

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
Be a tight arse like me and look for a second hand system.
I got an OTR for $300 and a full REX 1 7/8 tuned headers and full stainless 3" system for $550. Yeah the headers have a couple of dents but you can't see them once on the car.