Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Water leaking ALL over front passenger floor

Judge75

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore **** box Sedan
I have a late Novemeber build 2013 Commodore SS VF and it is leaking also. Holden failed to find the leak. I lifted carpet on LH side of car and you can see water droplets running down back of firewall and pooling on the floor. Has anybody had the issue fixed by Holden yet? Does the dash need to come out to get to the a/c grommet? My car has spent the last week with all 4 doors open trying to dry the carpet out in the sun.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
AC leaking into the cabin due to blocked breathers is actually extremely common in heaps of different makes and models. I wouldn't expect it from factory but it does happen.

The first thing that Dad does when a car comes in for a free test of the air con is find the breather and make sure it isn't blocked!

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
AC leaking into the cabin due to blocked breathers is actually extremely common in heaps of different makes and models. I wouldn't expect it from factory but it does happen.

The first thing that Dad does when a car comes in for a free test of the air con is find the breather and make sure it isn't blocked!

OT, but when i ahd a VR the drain tube got blocked, I got under the car and stuck a coathanger up it and got a face full of water lol.

I hope that Holden recognise that there is a fault with this and rectify this in production. Does anyone know the exact cause? From what I have read it is caused by the grommet for the drain hose not being fitted correctly. So does that mean the source fo the water is from under the car when it is raining or water from the drain tube itself?

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Optional Spa pool in VF Commodores

I have a Redline auto and picked up just before Xmas 2013. My boss has a SSV.
Today he tells me the front passenger carpet is saturated with water (the wife's handbag got wet and that's how they found the fault)
I checked my Redline at smoko and the same thing - the whole floor on the passenger front side is saturated with water - like a wet sponge.
I am dissappointed (and so it my boss) we bought these cars and love them - but at 52k and 58k and they leak really sucks.
Anyone out there have the same problem?
If you have not looked - then look now and check under your VF commodore front passenger mats
Thanks
Fred

Hi Fred, it is appears to be becoming a major issue. I purchased my SSV and drove it on a 1500km trip from the show room floor.
As per my former posts, when I finally discovered it was wet, we wet vacced approximately 10 litres from the passenger side floor. (front and back)
Holden told me they had no idea why. It has since been repaired by a grommet replacement and last week the carpet was replaced.

I also have a drive train vibration most noticeable at 90 km/h in 5th gear (manual box).

Now they are telling me this is also unusual and blaming it on the stiffer suspension.

I have 2 circuit racing cars, 1 a V8 and the other a 6 They both have way stiffer suspensions than the VF and they do not have drive line vibrations.

I am wondering if this is another problem that is consistent throughout the VF series, with GM telling their service departments to deny all.

Fred go to your dealer and tell them to replace the HVAC pipe and grommet.

Good luck

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Maybe all VF owners get together and take a class action with one of the "no win, no fee" legal companies.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
We have had a few of these at work, problem is is when you place the foam drain cylinder into the designated hole, if you push it in too far it blocks the holes around the drain.

There is actually no "drain tube grommet" that was in the VE, the drain tube goes into a foam piece that must NOT be pushed down too far. Tricky to do without wrecking it.

Here i made a diagram

10004037_10202226066865374_1980735339_n.jpg

gwog3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb vxr
Hi guys , just joined site and was wondering how long it takes to fix the water leak issue as I am another one of the unlucky ones with it leaking on my two week old vf ssv . How long has this been a problem with the vf as mine is a 2/14 plate surely should have fixed issue in factory by now

gazza555

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Calais V
I had the problem with water in the rear passengers side floor only on 3 week old VF Calais V a few weeks ago. It is the grommet that allows air con condensate to drain from car. In my case the grommet was faulty and the water went to rear passengers floor. They have fixed the grommet and new carpet (takes four weeks to order and arrive) will be fitted this week.

FJHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Calais
VF Commodore Calais water rear passenger side foot well

Ive had my VF Calais back twice and the a/c water is still dripping into the back seat carpet and underlay. I drove it home on Friday and its happening again. This is now been happening for 10 weeks. The Dealer tells me the carpet and underlay is OK!!!!!!!!!!.

I have a late Novemeber build 2013 Commodore SS VF and it is leaking also. Holden failed to find the leak. I lifted carpet on LH side of car and you can see water droplets running down back of firewall and pooling on the floor. Has anybody had the issue fixed by Holden yet? Does the dash need to come out to get to the a/c grommet? My car has spent the last week with all 4 doors open trying to dry the carpet out in the sun.

slob63

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline auto xmas
Thought I was lucky with no problems but alas the dreaded water leak reared it's ugly head in the front passenger side dealer claims a 4 week wait for parts to arrive and a full day to replace that is including new carpert otherwise awesome car 10,000km so far