Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6 Commodore inside door handle

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
In my never ending quest to have every spare part that is available for my Ute, I bought the interior door handles and they came as a separate part.

They were $34 each from Peter Page Holden.

As you can see, the passenger side part number is 92509303 and the driver's side is 92509304.

1695784531371.jpeg

They also each come with four push on locking washer clip thingys.

1695787296944.jpeg

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Thanks for the edit with the extra photo - I didn't get the clips in the package which would have made the job easier o_O
BTW - my part number for passenger ended in 301. (lights/no lights).

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
That chrome gets bloody sharp when it lifts!

As you found there's no way to get the lever pin out with the door handle assembly attached to the door card, as part of the main card blocks it enough so you can't take it out.

For anyone else attempting this, an easy way to remove the old weld tabs is simply use a soldering iron and push it straight down into the weld bore until the top of the weld sides (The circle bit) start to melt, then just use a sharp chisel and it will scrape right off. Once all 4 tabs are done, it should just pop out with a little force

Ive re-welded all 4 of my door cards to replace some handles and door trim inserts to get the red-stitching, slow job but plastic welding is a handy skill to have. Glue will never work, as it can't attach to plastic properly.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thanks for the edit with the extra photo - I didn't get the clips in the package which would have made the job easier o_O
BTW - my part number for passenger ended in 301. (lights/no lights).

Another angle to show the cutout at the top for the lights.

1695787973595.jpeg

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Another angle to show the cutout at the top for the lights.

View attachment 258197

Ta - the back doors don't have lights above the handles (in the SV6 anyway). I think mine was in the wrong box, but too much trouble to swap over once the job started.
Since yours is a ute, that's not an issue.