Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sv6 engine noise

CommodoreVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SV6 3.6L

Here’s a video of the sound, my camera/mic on my phone isn’t great.
Behind the engine Noise is what I believed was a concern. Let me know if you can hear what I’m talking about.
Ticking/tapping sound.

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Here is my video, I have an thread and posted the video up before something seems off, Holden dealers don't want an bar of it.....

Have to keep trying for them to fix it.

Mine is an sv6 vf 2015

treesnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 SII Sedan
theres a pronounced metal tapping sound isn't there amongst the normal cricket injector sound

valves?

Geoff S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 SV6
theres a pronounced metal tapping sound isn't there amongst the normal cricket injector sound

valves?
I have the same issue with my 2015 SV6. Passenger side either number 4 or 6 lash adjusters taking it to back to Holden and insisting on a fix. Not serious but will only get louder over time.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
(and
Here is my video, I have an thread and posted the video up before something seems off, Holden dealers don't want an bar of it.....

Have to keep trying for them to fix it.

Mine is an sv6 vf 2015

Have you had the 2015 brand new or second hand....I have the SV6 VF 2013....and it does have the death rattles like I am hearing on your video.....if it is second hand it has probably been flogged to death by the previous owner....or have you abused it ????....not saying that you abused it....just a thought.....I change the oil every 8000Kms ( 5000 Miles ) and/or 6 months which ever occurs first like the old days of the FC Holden....and you will have an engine for life.

Last edited:

Kaaiju

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6
Second hand it is, I don't flog it at all but Holden just deny that anything is wrong with it

Syfrha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Hi all, sorry to revive the thread but I have noticed this noise myself, sounds like a cricket in the engine bay which will sound for about 3-4 on, then off for 1-2 then repeats, the car has done just under 20,000kms and I have only noticed it recently, I also have a SV6 ute bought at the same time with

Last edited: