Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SV6

Michelle vdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Car flashes
‘Service power steering drive with care’ goes into limp mode.
Then says ‘service ESP’
1st time after ten minutes came good got it home Holden couldn’t find a problem.
3 weeks later
2nd time wouldn’t come good after resting it and trying a couple
Of
Times. had to get it towed to Holden.
They are struggling to find the issue now.
Minor codes, still searching.
Both happenened on hot days with air con on.
Apparently
Not to do with recall on power steering, but any leads on what could be going on would be helpful.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Car flashes
‘Service power steering drive with care’ goes into limp mode.
Then says ‘service ESP’
1st time after ten minutes came good got it home Holden couldn’t find a problem.
3 weeks later
2nd time wouldn’t come good after resting it and trying a couple
Of
Times. had to get it towed to Holden.
They are struggling to find the issue now.
Minor codes, still searching.
Both happenened on hot days with air con on.
Apparently
Not to do with recall on power steering, but any leads on what could be going on would be helpful.

Build date?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Before or after 30/4/2015?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm

Michelle vdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Then quite possibly will be part of the power steering recall which applies to vehicles built on or before 30/4/15. There is another thread about this within which owners of affected cars (all VFs built on or before 30/4/15) have recently been receiving notification letters from Holden about an upcoming recall due to this very fault.

Edit
Link to thread
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/sudden-loss-of-power-steering-when-driving.267858/
I did receive a letter about the recall and took it too Holden when I started having issues they are telling me it’s not to do with the recall tho. I was convinced it has to have something to do with it tho. But apparently not.
Urgh! It’s so frustrating.
Thankyou for the link. It’s intersting reading the comments and thinking it’s a high possibility but Holden said my car would not shut down and go into limp mode if it was the recall issue I would just lose power steering and be able to drive it still.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
It could be battery/low voltage related. There's been a couple issues on this forum which seem to be related to low voltage. Rectified when battery replaced. If yours has the original battery it may be worth checking out. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Michelle vdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
It could be battery/low voltage related. There's been a couple issues on this forum which seem to be related to low voltage. Rectified when battery replaced. If yours has the original battery it may be worth checking out. Good luck and please keep us updated.
Thanks I will suggest that and post back when I find out what’s going on.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I did receive a letter about the recall and took it too Holden when I started having issues they are telling me it’s not to do with the recall tho. I was convinced it has to have something to do with it tho. But apparently not.

Go to a different dealer. You have received a recall letter so obviously your car is one of the affected ones, AND it is displaying all the symptoms relative to that recall. Not sure what more they need.

The only explanation is that they have done the recall work and it is still displaying the same issue? Before they go poking around at it any further (and presumably charging you for 'diagnosis'), i'd be wanting to ensure they have done the required work first. Speak with HCC if you have any resistance from them.