Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF & VE second hand rare & demanding high Prices.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Insurance depends on a number of factors in NSW like the NRMA:-

Red P's, Green P's, age of driver, number of policies you hold with the insurer, number of claims you have had, how many years with the same insurer, has any insurer ever refused claims in the last 5 years, garaged over night, how many K's you drive in a year, age of vehicle, no finance, licence suspended/cancelled in last 2 years, bald tyres, leaving car unlocked, V8 or V6, modifications etc, alcohol or drug related issues, criminal history, age excess and the list goes on and on.

Just remember that all your history is now related on a computer some where and may be accessed by the authorised insurer.

It is like having an Australian Card but it is all stored in cyber space.

Car repairers do not want to know you if you are insured with Coles, Wollies, Meercat and the ones that operate out of the boot of a FC Holden....so stay with respected insurers.

First why are you writing everything in bold letters?

Secondly....Those factors are incorporated with most, if not all insurance companies....It helps them determine the cost of your premiums....They also put in the fine print, if you falsify or fail to notify them of any of those details, the insurance is null and void....

I think you'll find the repairers need to know who you are insured with, so they know who to send the quote and the possible repair bill to....After all, by us being insured, we aren't footing the whole bill for an accident...Our premiums cover that

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
When shannons were determining an agreed value for my VC, they looked at some for sale and gave me a price in the middle of what was available...None of what was available had the modifications mine has....IMA, it was over 3 times what I asked for and they didn't look at the car to make the offer....

They looked at my 6 cylinder LX Torana when I slipped the 350 SBC, Top Loader, 9 inch and cage in plus a load of other work and it wasn't the mods they were interested in, it was the show quality paintjob (30grand as opposed to ten) and the overall smoothness and build quality.

I had to take the car to them.

Admittedly is was years ago as I won't deal with them anymore.

They did the same when I restored my grandfather's FE Ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What's wrong with Shannons? I found them mostly great, when I pranged my ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My only gripe was the initial call taker, who made me feel like I was being dodgy, and never asked if I was ok.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Admittedly is was years ago as I won't deal with them anymore.
Who did you find that convinced you they were better, and how?

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Yeah, ive had mine since brand new, and while insured for 75k, id hate for anything to happen to it. I know every klm thats been put on it, every service has been done ontime, and always treated with love and not thrashed. Trying to find another to replace it would be a gamble and anxiety invoking.
Im also insured with shannons they are awesome,its not that my car is rare by any stretch,trying to replace it with another with similar km and condition would be almost impossible,shannons couldnt even find any similar examples to compare with when i upped my agreed cover,i think mine is 43 or 45 grand agreed,shannons did my fg turbo for 22.5 which is what i paid,rac would only do 17g....
Good examples of any cars these days are just stupid money.

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
I think I will hold onto my Regal peacock SS.

Some numpty on the radio today said Australia needs to be realistic about carbon emissions and should pull away from petrol cars within 15 years.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I think I will hold onto my Regal peacock SS.

Some numpty on the radio today said Australia needs to be realistic about carbon emissions and should pull away from petrol cars within 15 years.
We will be moving away from petrol cars whether we like it or not. A lot of car manufacturers have already committed to going all electric by 2035 and Australia takes whatever the rest of the world makes.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Read about this too....They're hoping to have zero emissions by 2050 and reducing making petrol and diesel powered vehicles, they're hoping to achieve this number.

I doubt I'll be breathing to see how it pans out...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
People say all sorts of things, that doesn't make them true. The biggest issue we all face is revenue. Governments just don't give that sort of thing up without pulling from somewhere else. That's $22b a year they won't come close to matching with electricity. I think it's the primary reason they don't do a whole lot about it now. It is very true though, this change is coming whether they like it or not