Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF & VE second hand rare & demanding high Prices.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
My granddaughter better half bought a VE V8 Calais Wagon second hand in Sydney about 12 months ago for $12500....they have since moved to Adelaide about 3 months ago....he advertised his Wagon for $25000 in Adelaide and it was sold.

Are the VE and VF total range of commodores second hand now getting high prices in good condition......these include SV6's in this range?

I know all the country dealers are now saying they are as rare as hens teeth in good to reasonable condition.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
there has been an increase in the second hand market across the board, some more than others.
call it "covid tax" or whatever but it has been quite interesting to watch over the last year.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANNIVERSARY
EX HWP VF II SS's were going for about 26-32K at the begining of last year, now their selling for like 39-43K at Pickles (still cheaper than carsales,but quite alot more compared to last year)

VF SS II's on carsales are going for about 40-60K on carsales now

My dads old S2 Omega was worth like 8.5K in when it was written off in June 2019 with 145K, now there are ones with 200K going for 10K dafqu

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Elevated prices are affecting all cars, but specifically the used car market. The new car market is in acute shortage from continuing troubles with supply and manufacturing in China and Taiwan (especially Taiwan). Nothing to do with prestige or rarity. Market supply and consumer demand is presently heavily mismatched, so people are looking longer, further and harder, and prices are jacked up almost as a sideshow of carnival barkers and colourful bunting. I would expect that after this COVID fiasco prices will normalise, but it could be some time. Irrespective of perceived value of Holdens, and what people think should be paid for them, the bigger problem is the brand does not exist, and public perception of it is none too cosy or positive.

I would expect my reliable and minty VF to not fetch any special fortune at trade-in end of this year, as opposed to the fortune that will be laid out for Audi's RS6 Avant. But I don't care. I expect major problems with parts availability from as early as 4-5 years, never mind beloved GM's assurance that support will continue for 10 years.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
All cool/niche/memorable performance type cars are catching a premium

And then there is all the old bogan types like me who decided they want an old Aussie muscle type car for memories sake, and by Aussie muscle I mean anything that laped Bathurst and was a V8

And there is alot of us, and with no new cool models of Aussie muscle, that leaves the used car market, hell, every POS that sold for $5-10k 2 years ago now commands 3 times that, and all the local workshops around here are full of them, dropping simular coin on modifications and rebuilds

And it isn't just the old Dunnydoores, look at the Nissan 32-33-34, even the POV pack RWD version are going for large sums of coin

And with the border closures and such, there is "ALOT" of spare cash floating around for hobbies and "wants"

Everyone I know is building cars, bikes and 4x4's

It is definitely time to sell them, privately, if of course you are looking for a good profit, and definitely not the time to buy if you don't want to risk losing a big chunk of cash over the next few years

As for the future, it is already changed, most kids don't want Aussie muscle, they want Euro cars with fart tunes, that with a zorst and tune make more power, and are more economical than your average built V8

Meh, that's enough rambling, I better do some actual work

Nah......

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
The market certainly has me contemplating things.