Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF & VE second hand rare & demanding high Prices.

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Why is it when you try and get a valuation like Car Sales, Redbook and any other conglomerate business......after you fill all your details they all want money before they give you a price.....REDBOOK ( $33 )......!@#$%^&*

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Why is it when you try and get a valuation like Car Sales, Redbook and any other conglomerate business......after you fill all your details they all want money before they give you a price.....REDBOOK ( $33 )......!@#$%^&*
Because that data is their business!
Expecting it for free would be like seeing an ad for a car, going to the manufacturer's website, and being bothered that before they'll give you the car you need to give them money. :)

You can get a rough idea of what RedBook's opinion is of the average car by just looking-up whatever model you're checking.
But that's sort-of like a "taster" for people who've not subscribed to the service of giving a more detailed number.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I was scrolling through car sales and noticed a whole bunch of VF SS and Motorsports for sale...
The prices are really good...
You can pick and choose for 50k..
Is anyone buying them these days ?

Same cars seem to sit on there forever...

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
I was scrolling through car sales and noticed a whole bunch of VF SS and Motorsports for sale...
The prices are really good...
You can pick and choose for 50k..
Is anyone buying them these days ?

Same cars seem to sit on there forever...
yep seeing a surge of VE/VF SS and HSV's hitting the market at slashed prices

and the higher price / kilometre ones sitting there for longer or just not selling now

looks like those rates rises are starting to bite...

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
Or if you believe them. They are all selling up to buy 4WD's.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Market is finally correcting.

Fair few more V8’s for sale compared to V6’s.

Plenty of exhaust breathers wanting $50K plus for over 100k km, but there are good sales to be had.

Also love the amount of people going to the 4x4’s. And my little old VF has been off road more than probably 80% of them with a mountain bike on the back to trail heads

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
This made me have a look myself.
The prices are still look very high to me by historical standards, for (minimum) 6.5 to up to 10 year old VFs. Some have bigger kms.
I reckon they've got a long way $down to go.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
yep seeing a surge of VE/VF SS and HSV's hitting the market at slashed prices

and the higher price / kilometre ones sitting there for longer or just not selling now

looks like those rates rises are starting to bite...
I don’t know if it even need a rate rise for this to happen, everyone who thought they wanted to own a V8 & had better get in before the last ones go away has had 7-8 years to do so now … even the YOLO attitude during COVID that pushed them up was always gonna fade, we’re just getting closer to “reality” now.

Having said that, if good special edition cars (MSE & Motorsport) with decent km’s are sitting around unsold for ~$50k, that doesn’t sound like terrible value. Let’s say you negotiated it down to $45k, it’s more fun & no less reliable than a new Golf GTI which would cost you more. Sure it’ll depreciate like a Holden for another 20 years before starting to come up as a classic collectible (and only if petrol continues to be plentiful & cheap by then), but it still doesn’t look like awful value if you compare to other alternatives.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
This made me have a look myself.
The prices are still look very high to me by historical standards, for (minimum) 6.5 to up to 10 year old VFs. Some have bigger kms.
I reckon they've got a long way $down to go.
The reduced prices aren't on Carsales unless a Motorsport Edition with 30km's (brand new) at 100k instead of 150k is the reduction!

The cheapest Motorsport Edition is 56k with 108,000km's in other words, a half stuffed one realistically worth 20k if you're lucky.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Yeah, the cheapest Motorsport edition commodore is $56k + orc for a 180,000kms old vehicle, and I’m sure there is room for negotiations. Then MSE’s jump up to $65k + orc for vehicles around 70,000kms and the asking prices slowly go up from there.

With low km versions, the asking price is higher but not always. There are people asking $80k for cars that have travelled somewhere between 20,000kms and 40,000kms. Yet one white manual with only 1,150kms has an owner asking $80,213 + orc. Typo, bait & switch, who knows… But for me the question would be whether the lower mileage car is better or is it better to have some kms under a cars belt where defects could have been found and fixed under (a partly worth while, now worthless) warranty?

Sadly there are the dreamers still asking $100,000 ++++ for cars with delivery kms but the question is whether any such cars have sold for such crazy prices in recent times :rolleyes:

The reality is that the Covid price bubble has burst and it’s probably going to be a steep downward slope from now on. The only thing that may slow the price crash a little bit is the price of new uninspiring shitboxes we see available these days… but then again it’s been a while since I’ve looked at what’s available in the new car market so maybe there is something inspiring not crazy priced out there :rolleyes:

PS: just checked and new Mustang seem to start at $87k. But new Camaro … can you even get a 2024 Camaro down under :oops: But as to a 4 door V8, that seems to be in big bucks territory as you’d need to look at some German offering o_O