Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF/WN TPMS Stupidity

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Well done Bluey.

Was there another way without buying the tool?

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Thanks scozz76, that's awesome...

Can't wait to get mine mine to try out.

Thanks again.

BLOWN-WH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman-Caprice collection
TPMS 'caps'?

To enter learning mode: Press and hold the Start Button (Without placing your foot on the brake pedal) for around 5 to 8 seconds, the car will enter into an 'ignition on' mode
Use the normal means on the indicator stalk to bring up the actual TPMS display, with the car graphic and 4 wheel pressure figures.
Press and hold the button on the end of the stalk a few seconds, the car will ask to you want to relearn the tyre pressures, rotate the knurled knob to highlight YES and then the button again
The horn beeps, the left front indicator turns on, and it's time to do the trigger tool thing. When the system has registered a reading for the L/H/F wheel, the horn will beep to signify success, continue to the next wheel.
Do all 4 wheels L/H/F, R/H/F, R/H/R, L/H/R.
When L/H/R is done, the horn beeps, then a few moments later, beeps twice to indicate all is done, you're finished, the car exits learning mode automatically

WOW this is the first reference i have been able to find regarding that the learning mode for the VF/WN model can be done manually.
Thanks so much Bluey!!

Was anyone though able to confirm if you could complete the manual learning mode procedure fully on the VF/WN by allowing air to escape on each tire in sequence as shown in the above youtube clip?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Letting out the tyre pressures while in tpms re learn mode didn't work on my MY17 Redline Sedan, so I bought a TPMS tool (EL-50448) off ebay ($20something) and it worked fine.

Last edited:

SteveCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice / HR Special
...Was anyone though able to confirm if you could complete the manual learning mode procedure fully on the VF/WN by allowing air to escape on each tire in sequence as shown in the above youtube clip?

Manual method didn't work on my 2016 WN Caprice, however using this thread I bought a EL-50448 TPMS Reset Tool off eBay for $24 which did work. I had to play around with the location of the antenna in relation to the tire each time.

Just for what it's worth the idea we need to buy this tool really bugs me so if anyone needs to do this and is willing to drive out to Wonga Park 3115 then I'm happy to help them with it. PM me if interested.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Red Centre Bluey , did you bother to get back to the dealer that ried to charge you for new TPMS sensor when there was nothing wrong with them? If so, what did they say?

As for replacement TPMS sensors, at $371 a pop, we seem to be ripped off big time down under.
The Chevy SS TPMS sensors are <<$80USD a piece, see here.

Also, do you know if there any difference between the various EL-50488 devices on ebay? Some seelers state their $16 devices are for GM vehicles up to 2013 while others state little if anything?

fix727

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8
@Red Centre Bluey , did you bother to get back to the dealer that ried to charge you for new TPMS sensor when there was nothing wrong with them? If so, what did they say?

As for replacement TPMS sensors, at $371 a pop, we seem to be ripped off big time down under.
The Chevy SS TPMS sensors are <<$80USD a piece, see here.

Also, do you know if there any difference between the various EL-50488 devices on ebay? Some seelers state their $16 devices are for GM vehicles up to 2013 while others state little if anything?

Hi if you are buying tpms sensors from the states make sure you get the correct MHz tpms they will be either 433MHz or 315MHz, When I got mine from the states my local dealer was kind enough to tell me what part number is paired to the RFA.
E.G RFA 25856316 is superseded to 25938218 on the VE/WM This RFA uses TPMS sensor 92186507/25789964. When you put these numbers in the search on fleebay they will come up with the part number and the MHz. 315 will not pair with a 433MHz RFA and visa versa. As for the reset tool itself same again make sure when buying the EL-50488 it is for 433MHz as it will NOT program the 315MHZ, there is also an EL-50488 315MHz, So please make sure you do your home work

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi if you are buying tpms sensors from the states make sure you get the correct MHz tpms they will be either 433MHz or 315MHz, When I got mine from the states my local dealer was kind enough to tell me what part number is paired to the RFA.
E.G RFA 25856316 is superseded to 25938218 on the VE/WM This RFA uses TPMS sensor 92186507/25789964. When you put these numbers in the search on fleebay they will come up with the part number and the MHz. 315 will not pair with a 433MHz RFA and visa versa. As for the reset tool itself same again make sure when buying the EL-50488 it is for 433MHz as it will NOT program the 315MHZ, there is also an EL-50488 315MHz, So please make sure you do your home work

The system uses the key fob receiver to receive the signal. Car key fobs in the US use 315MHz. We use 433MHz in AU. different part numbers for the US TPMS.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That's food for thought... Hopefully the sellers know what they are selling...

Does Holden use the one frequency down under or does it depend on the vehicle model, year or which TMPS reader they installed in the vehicle?

You've written VE/WM in your post so not sure if that's a typo, though suspect it is.
Just to clarify, what MHz does the aussie VF/VF2 use?

Answerd by Anthony121, thanks...