Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF/WN TPMS Stupidity

daryl huggard

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf my15 hsv gts
is it possible to turn off tpm when wheels with no sensors are fitted on vf gts??

Last edited:

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Letting out the tyre pressures while in tpms re learn mode didn't work on my MY17 Redline Sedan, so I bought a TPMS tool (EL-50448) off ebay ($20something) and it worked fine.

Hi there, you wouldn’t by chance be able to link me to the eBay seller who sold you the tool (if they’re still there!) please? A cheaper one on eBay from a more positive-feedback seller seems to be this one:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EL-5044...h=item2aa704422c:g:tJwAAOSwEtRcARrv:rk:1:pf:0

I’m reading here that the EL-50448 needs to be compatible with the Australian 433mhz TPMS system but it looks as though the tools listed on eBay are compatibility for both 315mhz and 433mhz.

What makes me more confused is this seller here on gumtree stating that this same tool seemingly is incompatible with our Series II VFs in his comments:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenorchy/wheels-tyres-rims/commodore-tpms-relearn-tool/1177213103

TIA!

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hi there, you wouldn’t by chance be able to link me to the eBay seller who sold you the tool (if they’re still there!) please? A cheaper one on eBay from a more positive-feedback seller seems to be this one:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EL-5044...h=item2aa704422c:g:tJwAAOSwEtRcARrv:rk:1:pf:0
I’m reading here that the EL-50448 needs to be compatible with the Australian 433mhz TPMS system but it looks as though the tools listed on eBay are compatibility for both 315mhz and 433mhz.
What makes me more confused is this seller here on gumtree stating that this same tool seemingly is incompatible with our Series II VFs in his comments:
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenorchy/wheels-tyres-rims/commodore-tpms-relearn-tool/1177213103
TIA!

Sorry mate, I just checked my Ebay account and it's no longer in my history.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...What makes me more confused is this seller here on gumtree stating that this same tool seemingly is incompatible with our Series II VFs in his comments...
ebay is full of stuff that is supposedly the same as someone else’s stuff but is not. The stuff can look the same, it could be the same but may not be the same. It’s even worse with aliexpress where some foreign sellers outright lie about their product :oops:

Never used gumtree but I understandits aussies selling to aussies.

In any case, whoever you deal with, it’s always best to ask the seller before buying ;)

Atleast when buying from Aussie sellers (with ABN’s) using PayPal, you have ACL and PayPal guarantee on your side.

Even buying from aliexpress can be worth the punt as you could be saving 90%-%200 compared to buying from local bricks and mortar.

At the end of the day, your local buy is only $15 bucks so it’s hardly a big purchase or a huge punt that would break the bank should it go tiitsup :eek:

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
Dragging up an old thread....

What software is needed on the car to fit these? Is it something Holden does? As in, my car wasnt fitted with the factory TPMS Option, but I can pick up the sensors off ebay as a set, and then just need to fit and program. Just need to understand a bit before I go in and speak to Holden about them.

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
@clappa You have to send your dash cluster and body control module to a fella in Vic to have it programed , I did mine and had the performance page added also , its a little exy . I do believe the Jeep (cant remember exactly , i would have to look up my old posts) sensor will work also , there a lot cheaper than the Holden ones

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
@clappa You have to send your dash cluster and body control module to a fella in Vic to have it programed , I did mine and had the performance page added also , its a little exy . I do believe the Jeep (cant remember exactly , i would have to look up my old posts) sensor will work also , there a lot cheaper than the Holden ones

Surely someone in Sydney does this. Or does anyone know what Holden charge? Or is there any program for me to unlock it in the BCM itself? :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Holden will only update your vehicle software to the latest available according to what is defined in the GM system against your VIN. If a particular feature is not defined within GMs systems, such as TPMS, then the dealer has no way of adding that feature.

In the USA, I vaguely remember reading that owners can buy feature updates which then get added to the GM database against their VIN. Then when the dealer plugs their car into their diagnostics system, the dealer can update the software (which includes the updated feature which may still need to be activated).

Sadly no such method exists for Holden vehicles. So we are left with hacking the vehicle software which is only done by a few people. And such changes may possibly be undone by the dealer service department if the vehicle software is updated for any reason.