Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 sportswagon suspension

Nefarious78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series II Calais V 6.2L
What are people running as aftermarket suspension on their ve/vf wagons?
What works, what would you change ?
Looking for less body roll and 30mm lower on vf2 6.2l calais v sportswagon.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
I am using MCA Coil Overs on my VF Wagon.

I wouldn't change anything with them. I can adjust bump and rebound (harder and softer but not independent of each other like a full on race setup) and I can adjust ride height by adjusting the spring seats (Had to lift the rear recently after I noticed the springs had settled/sagged.)

I like performance driving so I am OK with removing the rubber mounting on top of the front struts. This introduces more road noise through the car, but once you do the exhaust road noise though the front end is the least of your worries.

Good value and easy to fit yourself if you have a few basic tools. The fronts are a direct change over, where as on the rear I bought new mounting plates and spring rubber so I didn't have to remove them off the FE3 springs and shocks. I made them so I can change them over easily if I ever need to without compressing springs, etc.

Nefarious78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series II Calais V 6.2L
I am using MCA Coil Overs on my VF Wagon.

I wouldn't change anything with them. I can adjust bump and rebound (harder and softer but not independent of each other like a full on race setup) and I can adjust ride height by adjusting the spring seats (Had to lift the rear recently after I noticed the springs had settled/sagged.)

I like performance driving so I am OK with removing the rubber mounting on top of the front struts. This introduces more road noise through the car, but once you do the exhaust road noise though the front end is the least of your worries.

Good value and easy to fit yourself if you have a few basic tools. The fronts are a direct change over, where as on the rear I bought new mounting plates and spring rubber so I didn't have to remove them off the FE3 springs and shocks. I made them so I can change them over easily if I ever need to without compressing springs, etc.

Thanks GMVPSS, are they essentials, performance, ultimates ??