Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf2 SS's, who's still got their's from new?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ours is an MY14 Redline wagoon bought new but at a reasonable discount in June 2015 ‘cos the dealer had had some promotion at a street-fair along with a local surf-shop & it was wearing the worst fake-woodgrain-looking vinyls you could ever imagine … about 45k km’s on it now.

While we know there’s really not much to replace it’s form & function, it’s actually the better-half’s car and she’s now done the V8 thing. So if I’m totally honest, it could be replaced perfectly with a Soul Red MX5 (for example). No soul-consuming SUV gets near it, that’s for sure; the All Grille super-expensive M4 Estate would suffice, as would an Audi RS6 Avant if we could afford $20k/mo to keep it repaired.

Last edited:

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Ours is an MY14 Redline wagoon bought new but at a reasonable discount in June 2015 ‘cos the dealer had had some promotion at a street-fair along with a local surf-shop & it was wearing the worst fake-woodgrain-looking vinyls you could ever imagine … about 45k km’s on it now.

While we know there’s really not much to replace it’s form & function, it’s actually the better-half’s car and she’s now done the V8 thing. So if I’m totally honest, it could be replaced perfectly with a Soul Red MX5 (for example). No soul-consuming SUV gets near it, that’s for sure; the All Grille super-expensive M4 Estate would suffice, as would an Audi RS6 Avant if we could afford $20k/mo to keep it repaired.
We need to buy the Mrs a new car after her cars engine expired for good, looking at a new CX30 thanks to proceeds of the VF2 redline sale then mine will be garaged and covered and become a “dry Sunday arvo” drive car when i want listen to some rumble !!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A new CX30 should be pretty cheap considering they’re discontinued? Sorta a car for people who want Mazda2 space & performance but with Mazda3 fuel-consumption, but without the handling/roadholding of either?

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
A new CX30 should be pretty cheap considering they’re discontinued? Sorta a car for people who want Mazda2 space & performance but with Mazda3 fuel-consumption, but without the handling/roadholding of either?
No the MX30 is being discontinued not the CX30

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
2016 VF SS Black Ed. - almost daily. Bought it new is Oct 2016. Using every chance to take it out. After some gremlins were sorted along the way it's awesome. Still enjoy it.
76 000km

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
We need to buy the Mrs a new car after her cars engine expired for good, looking at a new CX30 thanks to proceeds of the VF2 redline sale then mine will be garaged and covered and become a “dry Sunday arvo” drive car when i want listen to some rumble !!
Good choice in my opinion.
My daughter decided to get a new car (for her, not the now grown-up family) at the height of the COVID shortage and inflated retail prices.
We looked at what was theoretically available .......... crossed off turbos, DCTs, CVTs, and Chinese ..... ended up with potentially a Mazda CX30.
They had a 2.0 for immediate delivery, but she couldn't check it out due to work, and a few days later it was gone.
But, they had a 2.5 due a few days later, and she got it for the same price.
Bit squeezy inside for 4 adults, but that is not her priority. No excess of distracting driver aids, nothing has fallen off, nothing has broken, very happy with it.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Good choice in my opinion.
My daughter decided to get a new car (for her, not the now grown-up family) at the height of the COVID shortage and inflated retail prices.
We looked at what was theoretically available .......... crossed off turbos, DCTs, CVTs, and Chinese ..... ended up with potentially a Mazda CX30.
They had a 2.0 for immediate delivery, but she couldn't check it out due to work, and a few days later it was gone.
But, they had a 2.5 due a few days later, and she got it for the same price.
Bit squeezy inside for 4 adults, but that is not her priority. No excess of distracting driver aids, nothing has fallen off, nothing has broken, very happy with it.
That car has more trim than body panels.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
That car has more trim than body panels.
Yeah, the plastic guards are a bit much. But it is in keeping with the current SUV style of "Look at me, I'm pretending to be an offroad 4WD"

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Almost at 36,000km on the Magnum coming up to 7 years.

Magnum-assembly_06.jpg