Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 SSV Redline - 2650 SC

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just dont go too big might get some lag

56257-what-i-call-turbo-42342d1253836666-biggest-turbo-ive-ever-seen-bigassturbos.jpg

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
Hi all,

Got myself a new toy. Practically as new with 30k kms. Manual.

Plan is to have a 2650 supercharger installed with all supporting bits and pieces. Stock bottom end will remain.

Curious as to how these ‘manage to put their power down with 550-650rwhp? At what sort of point do they just become tyre frying monsters that can’t really put it down? I’d like to keep it just under this point, ideally.

I’ve previously owned a HSV Clubsport LSA which put the power down beautifully but was stock, granted.

The car won’t be flogged, raced or abused nor have an aggressive cam etc.

Cheers!
Mate, 2650 is awesome! You won’t be disappointed. As others have said, you’ll probably need a fuel system (I’ve got a KPM 1500). For context I’ve got a 2650 on an stock bottom end L77 with Higgins Heads and a mild cam, LSA front drive and it made 785hp on e60….it’s immense fun! You really need to roll into it, otherwise it all ends in a cloud of tyre smoke. You will struggle not to beat on it for the sheer joy and blower whine is addictive. Enjoy the journey!

Last edited:

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I believe thermal spacers and a HTV2300 fits under the bonnet of a VF

Tag your it @VF Sleeper

I have the FDFI Harrop 2300 and thermal spacers. Fits no problemo. No clearance issues for the VF.

Curious as to how these ‘manage to put their power down with 550-650rwhp? At what sort of point do they just become tyre frying monsters that can’t really put it down? I’d like to keep it just under this point, ideally.

I reckon 600 rwhp is plenty for the street. Any more is only good for the track or bragging rights.

1. Get the absolute best possible new high performance sticky tyres for traction. So far, I've been happy with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

2. You've gotta use the accelerator carefully. The stock traction control and stability control does help. I bet it's not as good as Ginger's aftermarket system. If it's turned off, it's sure it's easy to spin the tyres or quickly get out of control. You've gotta feed the power on carefully. Even half throttle and you're moving faster than most. I only stomp on it at the drags.

with all supporting bits and pieces

what are you thinking here? It could be a long list.

If I had my time again, I'd probably do a few extra things from the get go. The top ones for me would be the interchiller and 12L reservoir, the 8PK LSA belt system with 75mm pulley, catch can and the 3.45 diff ratio.

Fallsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon
I have the FDFI Harrop 2300 and thermal spacers. Fits no problemo. No clearance issues for the VF.

I reckon 600 rwhp is plenty for the street. Any more is only good for the track or bragging rights.

1. Get the absolute best possible new high performance sticky tyres for traction. So far, I've been happy with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

2. You've gotta use the accelerator carefully. The stock traction control and stability control does help. I bet it's not as good as Ginger's aftermarket system. If it's turned off, it's sure it's easy to spin the tyres or quickly get out of control. You've gotta feed the power on carefully. Even half throttle and you're moving faster than most. I only stomp on it at the drags.

what are you thinking here? It could be a long list.

If I had my time again, I'd probably do a few extra things from the get go. The top ones for me would be the interchiller and 12L reservoir, the 8PK LSA belt system with 75mm pulley, catch can and the 3.45 diff ratio.
I second the 12l reservoir and 8pk belt, though I’m only running an 80mm pulley. A mate runs the interchiller system on his ls3 with a 2300 and swears by it.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
You will struggle not to beat on it for the sheer joy and blower whine is addictive.
Never a truer word has been said.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if ur on E then u dont have to worry about chiller ur not going to see any knock, if ur on petrol then yea it helps

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I looked at a bigger reservoir for mine, but space in my engine bay is a issue for a big one

A bigger reservoir isn't "really" needed as my AIT cruising is around 25°C, but it does get up to 35°C after sustained hits at WOT, in saying this I do have some insulation on the little reservoir that came with the kit

But cooler IAT is always better

Hmmmm....unless I relocate the battery to the boot and get some custom jobbing with some insulation around it made up the same size as the battery

Now that has got me thinking

As for belt slip, I'm running a 85mm pulley and the 6pk is fine

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
if ur on E then u dont have to worry about chiller ur not going to see any knock, if ur on petrol then yea it helps
Where do you even get E85 these days?