Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Redline...

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So to my utter delight, my car has arrived early (to the dealership anyway).

Ordered around mid November, in the following spec;
Nitrate Silver
Manual
20" rims
Front blackout kit
Black fender vents
Black lip spoiler
Sport mats
Full tank of fuel and delivered to my door
$56,217 on road.

Aaaaaaaand the dealer was nice enough to send me these pics. Taking delivery of the car on the 29th of Dec!

1mNg7Pj.jpg

cMxPodI.jpg

Mods to come pretty much straight away;
OTR & Tune
Pedders lowering springs (20mm front, 30mm rear)
Full sound system

More pics to come soon gentlemen :)

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Very nice! I was tossing up between the silver and the white, both with the black trimmings and the HF-20s too.

Both look great.

I also went with the black roof. Was that available as an option in the silver?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Ordered around mid November, in the following spec;
Nitrate Silver
Manual
20" rims
Front blackout kit
Black fender vents
Black lip spoiler
Sport mats
Full tank of fuel and delivered to my door
$56,217 on road.

I'm with Forum Lurker, currently trying to decide between white or silver with black surrounds/lip and HF-20s.
Do you mind if I ask what dealership in VIC you got that deal? It seems amazingly cheap.
Holden website says a Redline is $58,589 driveaway stock. You've got some nice extras and you're well under that, are Redline consistently being sold well under retail already?
I'm holding on for a 2017 build personally.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
The silver looks really good on the VF2..
If you don't mind me asking, how much were the springs? Do you need to change the shockers too?

Looking to get mine lowered but not sure how to go about it and how low..

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
if you've got the money, go coilovers. won't regret it.... can have it any height you want :beer chug:

The silver looks really good on the VF2..
If you don't mind me asking, how much were the springs? Do you need to change the shockers too?

Looking to get mine lowered but not sure how to go about it and how low..

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Car is arriving today guys - get ready for some photos tonight / tomorrow.

Opticoat and tint is booked in for Boxing Day via The Ultimate Detailer (Daniel).

Black roof is only an option on white or red hot. Was thinking about having it wrapped but I'll see how it looks first.

I actually got the car through a mob called CarConnect (subsidiary of Stratton). I can pass on the details of Adam for anyone interested. I haggled pretty hard to get this price. Car is coming from Glen Waverley Holden (Chris is the guy I have been dealing with there).

Springs from Pedders are approx $700 installed. Haven't booked this in yet but will shortly. Pedders XA coilovers are about $2400 and I did consider this - but I will see how it goes with just springs first. I've also decided to put in a front and rear facing dash cam when I get the stereo done. I can get one for around $500 that activates the cameras when the car is bumped / hit when parked and off. Hardwired to the battery ;)

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Car is arriving today guys - get ready for some photos tonight / tomorrow.
Opticoat and tint is booked in for Boxing Day via The Ultimate Detailer (Daniel).
Black roof is only an option on white or red hot. Was thinking about having it wrapped but I'll see how it looks first.
I actually got the car through a mob called CarConnect (subsidiary of Stratton). I can pass on the details of Adam for anyone interested. I haggled pretty hard to get this price. Car is coming from Glen Waverley Holden (Chris is the guy I have been dealing with there).
Springs from Pedders are approx $700 installed. Haven't booked this in yet but will shortly. Pedders XA coilovers are about $2400 and I did consider this - but I will see how it goes with just springs first. I've also decided to put in a front and rear facing dash cam when I get the stereo done. I can get one for around $500 that activates the cameras when the car is bumped / hit when parked and off. Hardwired to the battery ;)

Thanks for all the detail mate, can't wait to see photos, especially after the Opticoat and Tint. I'll be looking for the same package when I get my car in 2017.
I jumped on CarConnect and they only seem to have prestige german cars. What exactly do they do? I assume it's some kind of salary sacrifice but could be wrong. I'm amazed at the price you got :)

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome mate! I got my car through CarConnect too, very good service, saved a fair bit. And also originally got my Opticoat from Daniel as well. Ended up having it removed as it faded (possibly partly my fault) and something else applied by someone else, Daniel was less than helpful in the end. After I went back to him with my complaint, he was like yea, the Opticoat isn't actually that good and put some other **** on, at my cost, that was rubbish. He wont be touching the car again. The new guy I have found is really good and passionate about his job if you want to talk to him before you go ahead with Daniel. Just a heads up. Search 'Divine mobile detailing' on Facebook.

Have you looked at XYZ coilovers? Can get them for $1500 installed. I'm happy with them!

Here is a couple of photos of my car after the 22PLE. The Hydrophobic properties seem a lot better than my original Opticoat, not to mention the shine! It is literally like a mirror. In saying that though I know of at least one other person who has Opticoat (applied by someone else) who loves it. Can't wait to see the car!!

7CA963C6-06A1-48E4-BDC7-F25957CFE589_zps8v4d4dsg.jpg

F6C0C46D-F3F0-4930-9B00-4E3B0ED936D3_zpsc8hk2u3w.jpg

D1C39492-4548-45D3-95E6-715BE8048A6D_zpstrqwhrsb.jpg

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
hahaha mate your car is ridiculously shiny! how does it go driving into the sun?? Spoke with Dan this morning who said he has the Opticoat 2+ Ceramic or something. I must say you are the first person to say anything remotely bad about him - all the other guys I've spoken to have highly recommended him. I'll see how he goes - if it's no good, I'll give your bloke a shout.

Where did you get the XYZ's from?? Pictures are coming now.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Sorry for bad lighting and me being a horrible photographer hahah. Will get some more pics when Opticoat and Tint go on on Saturday.

PS. If anyone wants the XR Turbo in the background let me know hahah it's on carsales now.

xKwPyS7.jpg

iTOHG3a.jpg

3jwTH9f.jpg

4QVCo2Y.jpg