Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VFII Redline...

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahaha mate your car is ridiculously shiny! how does it go driving into the sun?? Spoke with Dan this morning who said he has the Opticoat 2+ Ceramic or something. I must say you are the first person to say anything remotely bad about him - all the other guys I've spoken to have highly recommended him. I'll see how he goes - if it's no good, I'll give your bloke a shout.

Where did you get the XYZ's from?? Pictures are coming now.

Yea no worries mate, hope it all goes well for you! I got them at Eye Candy Motorsports here in Dandy, but I think are a few mobs around doing them for the same price.

The car looks amazing mate, congrats! I know exactly how you are feeling right now! Enjoy!! Hopefully see it around town sometime.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
if you've got the money, go coilovers. won't regret it.... can have it any height you want :beer chug:

Springs from Pedders are approx $700 installed. Haven't booked this in yet but will shortly. Pedders XA coilovers are about $2400 and I did consider this - but I will see how it goes with just springs first. I've also decided to put in a front and rear facing dash cam when I get the stereo done. I can get one for around $500 that activates the cameras when the car is bumped / hit when parked and off. Hardwired to the battery ;)

If I had the money I'd go coilovers.. also don't want to risk getting a defect for adjustable coils..

Nice, I'll have to go check Pedders out..Be sure to post some pics up when you get it lowered :) Car looks great

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
cool pics, gives a good snap shot of the HF20 and blackout pack for anyone thinking of ordering those options. Nice car mate, well done. Will be trying to get my redline as close to the price you got. wonder how I go.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Opticoat went well from the guys @ The Ultimate Detailer. Car & Rims done with Opticoat Pro + for $900. Tint is happening on Wednesday.

I've decided I'll probably get Pedders Coilovers in the next couple of weeks (thanks for talking me into it hahah). But I'm now 50/50 on the sound system upgrade. I've always had big stereos in my cars, however, I've never had a car that sounds this good - I'm always finding myself turning the stereo down at every set of lights so I can hear the exhaust.

Here are some pics just after the opticoat was put on. Also, does anyone live central / south east Melb that would like to do a regular car wash with gerni / lance / electric leaf blower? Am finding it very difficult to find a good car wash that has these facilities. Happy to split costs if someone wants to invest. You just need to have the space (undercover area) and I'm more than happy to bring PH neutral soap etc.

Again, apologies for the terrible photos... Photography is certainly not my strong suit.

WiL7pSg.jpg

JK6DYIu.jpg

q0R5aKA.jpg

XoZqfJm.jpg

6inL3xK.jpg

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking good mate! You can buy all the stuff pretty cheap, if you don't wan't top of the line stuff. I just brought a cheap $150 Karcher, Snow foam lance from eBay, and $50 Ozzito air blower that works a treat. I don't have an undercover area either, I just try to wash the car when the sun is behind the shed.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Looking good mate! You can buy all the stuff pretty cheap, if you don't wan't top of the line stuff. I just brought a cheap $150 Karcher, Snow foam lance from eBay, and $50 Ozzito air blower that works a treat. I don't have an undercover area either, I just try to wash the car when the sun is behind the shed.

Looking at getting my self an air blower to dry the car.. Just wondering when you use it does it leave white marks on the car from the water drying?
I'll be getting my opti-coat done shortly so hoping with that the water will just bead off with the air blower.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Looking at getting my self an air blower to dry the car.. Just wondering when you use it does it leave white marks on the car from the water drying?
I'll be getting my opti-coat done shortly so hoping with that the water will just bead off with the air blower.

If you get the opticoat done, the water literally just falls off. An airblower will work absolutely fine mate. They are so much easier to wash once opticoated.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
[video]http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/villn808/F5D9A729-CF61-41CC-9529-B23B0A936AD8_zpseslapody.mp4[/video]

Have a look at this, this is opticoat and a $50 Ozzito blower.