Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Great pics and car is looking great James...congrats. Was wondering if you could tell me where the plug and play loom came from for the DRLs? Also I was told yesterday by a pedders dealer that short throw shocks are not available for the VFii unless you go coil overs. Do you know if this is correct?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Great pics and car is looking great James...congrats. Was wondering if you could tell me where the plug and play loom came from for the DRLs? Also I was told yesterday by a pedders dealer that short throw shocks are not available for the VFii unless you go coil overs. Do you know if this is correct?

Hey bud, thanks for kind words, planning a couple of other little things for the car that should make it look that little nicer, and go better haha

The DRL loom came from the states, we ordered the kits from Maverick Carbon Man I think it was.

Some Pedders dealers are alright, others just try and up sell you.
I'm going to call BS on the shocks. VF has been out since 2013, they'll have shorter shocks, VF2 ain't any different from Vf1.

Quick google search will give you this,
New Product Release - Shock Absorbers VF Commodore | Pedders Suspension

Buy online Holden Commodore shock absorbers, coilovers and car shocks

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
So James. The DRL's don't dim when lights are on? If so do you think the DRLs are too bright for oncoming vehicles? Can you switch lights on without DRLs?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
So James. The DRL's don't dim when lights are on? If so do you think the DRLs are too bright for oncoming vehicles? Can you switch lights on without DRLs?

DRLs stay on all the time and can't be switched off. Yes they are a little bright, but being so low they don't blind anyone, it's not like having poorly set up HIDs that piss off every oncoming car.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
G'day mate,

I was already considering these rims together with the Koya SF04 for my VE but you've completely sold me on the SF06. Especially because they have cleared rear Brembos (which I want to fit but have been limited due to wheel options).

Your car looks ACE. Will be buying these week.

Can you please sure your widths and offsets and tyre specs please?

Thanks mate,
Joey.

PS - I'm now also considering a VFII front end...damn you!

EDIT: sorry mate I've just found them amongst the posts. 20x9 (35offet) Front and 20x10 Rear (42 offset) with Nitto Invo tyres, 255/35 Front and 275/35 Rear.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
G'day mate,

I was already considering these rims together with the Koya SF04 for my VE but you've completely sold me on the SF06. Especially because they have cleared rear Brembos (which I want to fit but have been limited due to wheel options).

Your car looks ACE. Will be buying these week.

Can you please sure your widths and offsets and tyre specs please?

Thanks mate,
Joey.

PS - I'm now also considering a VFII front end...damn you!

EDIT: sorry mate I've just found them amongst the posts. 20x9 (35offet) Front and 20x10 Rear (42 offset) with Nitto Invo tyres, 255/35 Front and 275/35 Rear.

Cheers bud, pretty pleased with how the wheels have worked out with the car.
As far as the brake clearance goes front and rear, this offset still gives heaps of clearance, yet an aggressive enough stance where the wheels sit flush with the guards.
So far I've been very happy with the Koya wheels too. Finish seems to be good, haven't had any dramas with them. They're also nice and light.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
DRLs stay on all the time and can't be switched off. Yes they are a little bright, but being so low they don't blind anyone, it's not like having poorly set up HIDs that piss off every oncoming car.

They can when going over a hill and you just don’t know it because you’re behind the wheel and not the one being blinded and that’s the reason the law requires them to be switched off when the headlights are on at night.

Being low makes no difference and the law is specific about the do’s and don’ts for low lighting.

Crests near bends are particularly dangerous for these types of lights and you’d be long gone without knowing the oncoming driver just ran out of road and crashed because he suddenly couldn’t see the change in road conditions in front of him.

It’s the same reason self-levellers are required for HID lights.

Low lighting offers no safety benefit for the driver simply for the reason that the illuminated area is just in front of the car and it is not possible for the driver to react in time if they did see something on the road.

Usually they'll still wonder what they just hit.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
They can when going over a hill and you just don’t know it because you’re behind the wheel and not the one being blinded and that’s the reason the law requires them to be switched off when the headlights are on at night.

Being low makes no difference and the law is specific about the do’s and don’ts for low lighting.

Crests near bends are particularly dangerous for these types of lights and you’d be long gone without knowing the oncoming driver just ran out of road and crashed because he suddenly couldn’t see the change in road conditions in front of him.

It’s the same reason self-levellers are required for HID lights.

Low lighting offers no safety benefit for the driver simply for the reason that the illuminated area is just in front of the car and it is not possible for the driver to react in time if they did see something on the road.

Usually they'll still wonder what they just hit.

Any light can "blind" oncoming drivers coming over crests, regardless of whether they have the ability to adjust or not. I find it more annoying when some tool decides to leave their high beam on, as opposed to fog lights or drls causing me grief.

I am well aware of ADR laws for mods, and on the whole not fussed, and not interested in starting a debate.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Cheers bud, pretty pleased with how the wheels have worked out with the car.
As far as the brake clearance goes front and rear, this offset still gives heaps of clearance, yet an aggressive enough stance where the wheels sit flush with the guards.
So far I've been very happy with the Koya wheels too. Finish seems to be good, haven't had any dramas with them. They're also nice and light.

Thanks man.

Got mine today. Had the guards trimmed on the inside. Have only drove it once and don't think they rubbed yet but look very close! I got +45 on the rear.

Do you think you could have gone +48 and still clear rear brembos? Essentially anther 3mm closer?

Have you ever had the front rub at all?

Are you finding the wide rim and aggressive offset is causing stone chips on the rear section of the front guard? Can't recall if mine had them there before or if it is the new wider wheels but contemplating mudflapds...yuck!

Last edited:

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
IMG_0398_zpsmcabtxo0.jpg

IMG_0416_zpstny8di8t.jpg

IMG_0430_zpse7mszw36.jpg

Both Cars look amazing, and those pics turned out really well, not sure if it makes it easier or harder to choose between black or slipstream, currently have a black ve wagon. the Ve is kinda better looking, the VF is maybe too pretty!

If you two boys get bored one day I would love to see the black rims on the slipstream, :)