Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vfii

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Went for a nice little drive yesterday. A mate of mine just bought a new camera so we thought we'd test it out. Managed to get some nice pics!

After having some fun in the hills I went down to ProFlow in Seaford where I had Jason from LS1PWR Performance & Tuning run the car up on the dyno and work his magic, car pumped out 300.2rwkw.

End of the day, dyno numbers are numbers. But I love the way this car goes, it hauls ass! Has wicked throttle response, loves to rev, and sounds killer.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Looks awesome mate - great pics

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome photos bro. Congrats on the numbers. One of the nicest VF's getting around for sure.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
It is one very nice car and it does sound awesome.
One more pic I rahter like, we probably should have gotten some of ours together.

IMG_0157_zpszjbl5n1w.jpg

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
I might be called a heretic but in my eyes the VE is definitely better looking, though the VF is a good looker as well

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Little update, added a plug and play wiring loom to keep the DRLs on with the headlights, and had LED low beams fitted, very pleased with the set up so far. The LED headlights have such a clean and controlled white light. They're not overly bright either, so I don't think they'll end up offending anyone.

While playing with the lights I decided I also wanted foot well lights, having had them in my old VE I've been keen since getting the VF to have some fitted.
After having a little play with some wiring diagrams I worked out what wires control the interior dome lights, I then noticed that HSV and a select few Holden models have foot well lights from factory.
So in the end I bought the genuine foot well light brackets and factory LED light, and then set about making my own wiring loom.

Here are the factory lights and bracket that clip into the carpet trim under the dash, cost me $26 for two LED lights and brackets, passenger and drivers side.

Wiring loom

Finished result

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Little update, added a plug and play wiring loom to keep the DRLs on with the headlights, and had LED low beams fitted, very pleased with the set up so far. The LED headlights have such a clean and controlled white light. They're not overly bright either, so I don't think they'll end up offending anyone.

While playing with the lights I decided I also wanted foot well lights, having had them in my old VE I've been keen since getting the VF to have some fitted.
After having a little play with some wiring diagrams I worked out what wires control the interior dome lights, I then noticed that HSV and a select few Holden models have foot well lights from factory.
So in the end I bought the genuine foot well light brackets and factory LED light, and then set about making my own wiring loom.

Here are the factory lights and bracket that clip into the carpet trim under the dash, cost me $26 for two LED lights and brackets, passenger and drivers side.

Wiring loom

Finished result

That looks awesome mate, I had a Caprice V as a hire car the other week and pulled it apart to see how it was all done. Took photos etc and am planning on doing the exact same thing (also going to add them to the doors like the Caprice V had) I chased the wire loom, so will be interesting to know if the connector is just tapped up somewhere there. I also did the same for the auto dimming mirror, pulled the Caprice V apart to see where the plug was, so hopefully it might be tapped up as well.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
That looks awesome mate, I had a Caprice V as a hire car the other week and pulled it apart to see how it was all done. Took photos etc and am planning on doing the exact same thing (also going to add them to the doors like the Caprice V had) I chased the wire loom, so will be interesting to know if the connector is just tapped up somewhere there. I also did the same for the auto dimming mirror, pulled the Caprice V apart to see where the plug was, so hopefully it might be tapped up as well.
Unfortunately there's no factory loom tucked away. So you need to sus it out yourself and find the wires needed to tap into.