Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VG to VS ute Subwoofer enclosure with measurements

Brett5

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Yea good point. Ill have a good think bout it.
Thanks.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Obviously its not going to be as good as an incab sub but its all you have to work it. Just think about it for a while and where the sub is and you will see yourself whether its worth it.

Sticking a good quality sub helps though.... After having the encounter sub in the enclosure, I installed a 10" PowerPlant. It made a huge difference! I had no problems what so ever to get the car to shake. Oh, I miss the back massage so much :( lol.

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
just a quick question to the guys that have got a sub in the back of their ute..

was it really all worth it? does the bass have the same 'effect' as having a subwoofer in the boot of a car? is it BETTER than the sub in the boot of a car? do you get heaps of rattles coming from the tray?

im thinking about building a box but im still not sure!

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
just a quick question to the guys that have got a sub in the back of their ute..

was it really all worth it? does the bass have the same 'effect' as having a subwoofer in the boot of a car? is it BETTER than the sub in the boot of a car? do you get heaps of rattles coming from the tray?

im thinking about building a box but im still not sure!

Shall i repeat?

Obviously its not going to be as good as an incab sub but its all you have to work it. Just think about it for a while and where the sub is and you will see yourself whether its worth it

Only way to find out is try it yourself to see if its up to your standards or live without your Doof Doof :banstick:

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
ok im still realllllly stuck with this whole sub in ma ute thing. ive got a vs ute. i also have a 09 type r 12'a, i no this willl not fit in under my tray or even in the cabin. Im not sure if i should biuld this box and buy a sub to suit or just go for the shallow mount behind the seat??? grrr this is so hard , i need help guys :/

aasr

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS S PACK UTE 97
Shall i repeat?

Only way to find out is try it yourself to see if its up to your standards or live without your Doof Doof :banstick:

someone could just record a video well there in there ute with it playing then post it up on youtube or something like that that might help :confused:

KAZZA-101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
does anyone know if an 12" alpine type x sub would fit?

i have seen a ute on here with two 10" alpine type x subs but he didn't take any pic befor he sold it.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Besides being a 12" whats the measurements from the front of the sub, to the rear of the magnet for mounting depth?

KAZZA-101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
on the alpine web site it says the mounting depth is 219mm(8.6")

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
i found a 10 inch sub box that fits perfectly in the back of the ute so i just cut the hole to 12 inch and it works sweet as