Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH 2 Door Commodore - ADAYER SPORTIF

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Well done, looks great, go and enjoy it.

spikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
The interior is actually brown with a tan insert Tried to keep it a bit 80's as much as I can. The original recaro cloth was unavailable. I have kept all of the original material that was salvageable. Never know what I will find down the track

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
hey spikey

The interior is actually brown with a tan insert Tried to keep it a bit 80's as much as I can. The original recaro cloth was unavailable. I have kept all of the original material that was salvageable. Never know what I will find down the track

pictures please or send them to my phone and I'll pop the pictures up...

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Here is Adayer #011 owned by Spikey in QLD... Spikey has sent some more pictures to me to post up... I luv the look !

Spikey wrote; The interior is actually brown with a tan insert Tried to keep it a bit 80's as much as I can. The original recaro cloth was unavailable. I have kept all of the original material that was salvageable. Never know what I will find down the track

Adayer_011.jpg
[/url] free photo upload[/IMG]

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Getting back onto Adayer #001

Well been busy with the run up to Xmas/New Year and everything else while Adayer #001 have been sitting waiting for progress...

I want to let the high fill paint go nice and hard before we get onto rubber it back and painting so I'll start giving the motor some much deserved attention...

I got the motor running about 6 month ago but she ran rough, it was good enough to move it on/off the trailer and move around... Most of the vacuum emission piping was in bad condition so I replaced all of it and also put in a new setting of 8mm leads.

I couldn't believe how much vacuum emission piping there was... bloody near on 6 meters with 3 different sizes and thats only in the engine bay. And you need help from someone with very small hands and thin arms to get into the tight spots...

Anyway all vacuum emission piping has been replaced plus a new set of lead and the motor idle's and runs much better.

20140221_115041.jpg

Last edited:

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
well i'm cleaning up the engine bay/parts now...

I removed most of the brackets that hold on the power steer, alternator A/C and many other brackets and bits that are to be painted black... Will clean them up and paint them with a nice fresh color satin black... Oh and need to get brake booster out and cleaned up and paint..

Also overhauling the cooling system, had Radiator reco'ed, new water pump, new hoses, thermostate and housing and then flush the heater core before it goes back together...

Last edited:

spikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
Check out Opel Classic Parts in Europe. I believe you can get window glass and other parts. I have ordered a new weather strip for passenger door.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Great effort so far mate, looking forward to the end product. Out of curiosity what springs/spring heights ae you running? I only saw koni springs mentioned earlier. I like the stance.

uglyGMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Adayer Sportif
Hey Spikey... thanx for the Opel link... cheers

spikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
anybody come up with confirmation of other cars? The white one and the one in the museum? Springs on No 11 appear to be old lovells 16mm Not sure of height specs.