Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH new paint job

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
Black paint job with red interior always looks killer!!

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
The red is a bit out there haha. The cars already in the body shop. Need to figure this one out soon. The grey might be an option thanks Doc59. So many decisions. Dont want to stuff this up haha

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah it is a bit, I think that Holden just did so much of it was the problem for me. Had it been a few bits of red it wouldn't have been so in your face.

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Agree. Not sure what Holdens were thinking back in the 80s haha. I wanted to keep th somewhat original but figure if I go with the Blue and it clashed to much i can get it retrimmed. See how we go

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That was my thoughts. Considering the paint will be $12k or more, a retrim might be in order also if needed. Better to have the colour you want on the outside and worry about the interior later.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This will need a build thread once the duco has been done.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hi there, Im just after some opinions. I have a VH SLX with a red interior. Currently the outside paint is silver but looking at going a deep red. I was looking at Dodge Stryker red. Looks amazing but bit involved and could be expensive. Any ideas on some reds or any colour that wpuld suit with the red interior. I was looking at Blue but think it may clash to much. Please help haha
3 colours suit red interior, black, white and silver.....If your keeping the red/maroon interior, and don’t want to do respray in original silver then....... black is to harsh with the red interior...... If changing colour, I would go for a pearl white with silver pinstripe/factory position. This is the best of both worlds to make the red interior and the white pearl pop on their own without clashing, the silver pinstripe would be close to original car colour adding a nice touch/homage.

Also don’t forget the bay and boot areas and inside door jambs ??? since yours are in original gm mercury silver. Changing colour inside and outside complete is gonna be $$$$ mega bucks without any serious body work, might be worth to just do a silver respray on outside and be happy with that.

Anyways thats my 2 cents worth, not everyone’s taste but its more colour art blending than car looks. BUT In the end, I would do original metallic silver with added 20% flake to pop and leave car factory original colour with red/maroon interior, cleaner simple look and worth more in resale.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
IMHO go with the factory colour code.

A car that age is something I would personally keep as original as possible.

Holty78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Thanks. Im doing a full respray, engine bay, boot ect, with all body work done (small amount of rust repaired. Have it in the workshop atm. I wsnt the old girl to stand out. Turn a few heads with a unique colour. Not interested in the plain colours they came out with back in the day