Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e - 1983

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
But that thing looks dead set like the factory paint to me 100%

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Looks just like my mates VH,

The SLE always seemed to have a shinier/glossier/mettalic look to the Indigo, to the Full indigo VH.

Awesome starting point mate!

Cheers
MaT

gazman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagon
i like the look of the vh. car looks neat

Tim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 WH 5.7ltr Caprice
looks good , i want one of these

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
It arrived last week.
Looks like the body was resprayed to the lighter blue you now see. The engine bay is still in the original Indigo blue. The car will definitely need a new spay, the roof, bonnet and boot are all faded. So the question is do I go Indigo or the new colour. I have a while to make up my mind though.

Started preping the 202 over the weekend so it can be pulled out, have to get my self a hoist though.

Plan is to fit the 304, get it running and then strip it out and sort out the car body. While the car is getting sprayed i'll freshen up the engine and add a few things (cam, new pistons etc...)

Got a few pleasant surprises along the way. Te car has VK mirrors, 350 Holley, VL fuel tank, clear blinkers and has had the rust under the rear windws repaired. which has really saved me a bit.
not bad for a car that cost $1100

I'll keep you all posted.

Daniel

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
It arrived last week.
Looks like the body was resprayed to the lighter blue you now see. The engine bay is still in the original Indigo blue. The car will definitely need a new spay, the roof, bonnet and boot are all faded. So the question is do I go Indigo or the new colour. I have a while to make up my mind though.

Started preping the 202 over the weekend so it can be pulled out, have to get my self a hoist though.

Plan is to fit the 304, get it running and then strip it out and sort out the car body. While the car is getting sprayed i'll freshen up the engine and add a few things (cam, new pistons etc...)

Got a few pleasant surprises along the way. Te car has VK mirrors, 350 Holley, VL fuel tank, clear blinkers and has had the rust under the rear windws repaired. which has really saved me a bit.
not bad for a car that cost $1100

I'll keep you all posted.

Daniel

WHAT! only 1100 are you serious thats ***n not bad

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
UPDATE:
Had time on Saturday to rip out the old 202 block and gearbox from the car and chuck it up on ebay.

Next weekend I plan to clean up the engine bay and get rid of the unwanted wires.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Haha, I was just reading this thread and realised I'm more interested in the eh in the side of the pic.

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
I thought that there would be some interest there.

Its my mates. He's owned it for 10 years. It has a worked 186 in it. Last dyno run it pulled about 204HP@wheels and ran a 13.9 @ 103mph

IMG_0012.jpg

Rollingon20s.jpg

It also had a draw through turbo set up on it for a while
IMG_0542.jpg

Last edited: